This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The costs of building an average PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The costs of building an average PC?

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
6 months ago#11
AkiraKurusu5 posted...
Yeah, I think I'll probably save a tad bit more and try and get a laptop instead.

I have no idea why that guy barfed up that nonsense. The cheapest laptop on Amazon with a 1050TI in it is $700 to $800. A laptop is traditionally going to be more expensive, not cheaper.

AkiraKurusu5 posted...
I can hook up my laptop to my TV and use my PS4 Controller with it, then I can settle for a laptop.
I know this might sound dumb, but is it possible to do that with a laptop, and if so, will it cost a lot of money?

Any PC or Laptop can do it. You just need an HDMI port on the computer. Well, technically you don't. There's adapters and stuff you can buy if you have to. But usually it's as simple as plugging the wire into the back of the TV. For the PS4 controller. It's free if you just use the cord, otherwise you need to buy a bluetooth adapter (if the laptop doesn't already have it) and those are like $10 to $15.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
6 months ago#12
ClunkerSlim posted...
AkiraKurusu5 posted...
Yeah, I think I'll probably save a tad bit more and try and get a laptop instead.

I have no idea why that guy barfed up that nonsense. The cheapest laptop on Amazon with a 1050TI in it is $700 to $800. A laptop is traditionally going to be more expensive, not cheaper.

AkiraKurusu5 posted...
I can hook up my laptop to my TV and use my PS4 Controller with it, then I can settle for a laptop.
I know this might sound dumb, but is it possible to do that with a laptop, and if so, will it cost a lot of money?

Any PC or Laptop can do it. You just need an HDMI port on the computer. Well, technically you don't. There's adapters and stuff you can buy if you have to. But usually it's as simple as plugging the wire into the back of the TV. For the PS4 controller. It's free if you just use the cord, otherwise you need to buy a bluetooth adapter (if the laptop doesn't already have it) and those are like $10 to $15.

A good sale can bring it to 500 or less
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: AkiraKurusu5

AkiraKurusu5
6 months ago#13
Alright, thanks everyone, that should be all I need.
I really appreciate each and every one of you guys, so thanks again for taking the time to help answer my question.
Have a great day :3

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
6 months ago#14
For $300 your best bet would be to get one used locally or buy a used dell optiplex with a I5 2400 or better and with 8gb of ram and add a GTX 1050 or 1050 TI if u can find one at a reasonable price
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The costs of building an average PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived