This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Doesn't Volta come out in February?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Doesn't Volta come out in February?

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 months ago#1
If it does, I think it's probably a viable strategy to wait out the current insane prices on GPUs and pick up a brand new Volta next month.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
4 months ago#2
if anything volta is going to be even more insanely overpriced
more efficiency=more efficient mining=more $$,less electricity waste=more demand

a single 2080 could easily end up retailing for $1500 or more

and it's only going to get worse unless nvidia starts making cards specifically for mining and lock the geforce series out of it.

Until that happens or the bubble bursts say goodbye to high end gpus for a reasonable price.Your only other option would be a used card that was mining 24/7.
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

zhenghan
4 months ago#3
SnakePlisken94 posted...
more efficiency=more efficient mining=more $$,less electricity waste=more demand

and it's only going to get worse unless nvidia starts making cards specifically for mining and lock the geforce series out of it.

Until that happens or the bubble bursts say goodbye to high end gpus for a reasonable price.Your only other option would be a used card that was mining 24/7.

can't you try to snipe a card from the initial batch before they're out of stock and relisted for a higher price though?
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: arjames13

arjames13
4 months ago#4
I have a feeling the new cards are going to be next to impossible to buy for a good while, unless we see a massive crash with crypto currency before then.

I was able to grab a 1080 Ti for MSRP just before things got crazy like they are now and I am so grateful I did. I was planning on waiting for Volta but now I should be set for a good while on upgrades and hopefully things are better in a couple years.
PSN ID: Fangnfx
i7 7700k @5.0GHz | Corsair H100i v2 | Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5 | 32GB RAM | EVGA SC GTX 1070 | EVGA Supernova G2 750w |

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 months ago#5
zhenghan posted...
If it does, I think it's probably a viable strategy to wait out the current insane prices on GPUs and pick up a brand new Volta next month.

Only Nvidia can answer that.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 months ago#6
I plan on building a system with a Ryzen 3 2200G and grabbing a GTX 2050 when it comes out.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

zhenghan
4 months ago#7
HeliosMagi posted...
I plan on building a system with a Ryzen 3 2200G and grabbing a GTX 2050 when it comes out.

Interested in benchmark for 1150 too

User Info: builder111

builder111
4 months ago#8
Volta gtx is going to be for realZ
caps

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#9
zhenghan posted...
SnakePlisken94 posted...

can't you try to snipe a card from the initial batch before they're out of stock and relisted for a higher price though?

Ya but you might want to use a program. Since miners are probably using a program too to snatch them up. It will be sold out within 5 minutes.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#10
arjames13 posted...
I have a feeling the new cards are going to be next to impossible to buy for a good while, unless we see a massive crash with crypto currency before then.

I was able to grab a 1080 Ti for MSRP just before things got crazy like they are now and I am so grateful I did. I was planning on waiting for Volta but now I should be set for a good while on upgrades and hopefully things are better in a couple years.

Might want to update your profile, it says you have a 1070.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Doesn't Volta come out in February?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived