This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My Sapphire RX 580 is selling for $720 new

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My Sapphire RX 580 is selling for $720 new

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 months ago#11
damn.....
i paid around 650 euro for a 1080ti and still felt a bit iffy about it(no regrets tho)

this mining bs needs to die
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: Kainstryder

Kainstryder
3 months ago#12
SnakePlisken94 posted...
damn.....
i paid around 650 euro for a 1080ti and still felt a bit iffy about it(no regrets tho)

Human greed is powerful.. as long as mining creates money, and GPU's are the only thing fast enough to do it, mining will not die anytime soon. Not even the recent crash of Crypto's stopped mining. Either pay the high prices or wait but waiting would mean more inflated prices. Double edged sword situation here.
(message deleted)

User Info: gideond

gideond
3 months ago#14
Kainstryder posted...
SnakePlisken94 posted...
damn.....

Human greed is powerful.. as long as mining creates money, and GPU's are the only thing fast enough to do it, mining will not die anytime soon. Not even the recent crash of Crypto's stopped mining. Either pay the high prices or wait but waiting would mean more inflated prices. Double edged sword situation here.

People invest in mining never realizing how little chance they have of making profit. Then they are desperate to recoup the investment. You need some pretty high end hardware and a lot of electricity to make money on this. Leave the actual mining to the big business that has the hardware in place for it and just invest in the currency like you would any other if you really want to make any money. The big money to be made by the small miner is no longer there. That only comes in the early stages of the currency. Now it just takes too many resources if you aren't doing it on a professional level.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: GoddessPerry_08

GoddessPerry_08
3 months ago#15
Bought my Sapphire 480 8 GB new for $150 lol
Goddess Perry has slain Demonburger!!

User Info: tearast

tearast
3 months ago#16
Glad I got my 1060 6gb cards when they were $250 lol.

User Info: gideond

gideond
3 months ago#17
Just checked my local Craigslist. People in my area are morons. GTX 1070 8GB used = $900. An old 760 is on there for $750. Same old crap constantly because even the miners aren't quite that crazy.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 months ago#18
If I had one and they were selling for that much I’d sell it and just buy a 1050 or GTX 660/670 and just buy a new card once prices settle.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: tearast

tearast
3 months ago#19
ArkonBlade posted...
If I had one and they were selling for that much I’d sell it and just buy a 1050 or GTX 660/670 and just buy a new card once prices settle.

Why would they settle? BTC is only going to get more profitable, it's the next gen currency and the future of the economy. I'd recommend getting in now while you can.

User Info: Kainstryder

Kainstryder
3 months ago#20
gideond posted...
Kainstryder posted...
SnakePlisken94 posted...
damn.....

People invest in mining never realizing how little chance they have of making profit. Then they are desperate to recoup the investment. You need some pretty high end hardware and a lot of electricity to make money on this. Leave the actual mining to the big business that has the hardware in place for it and just invest in the currency like you would any other if you really want to make any money. The big money to be made by the small miner is no longer there. That only comes in the early stages of the currency. Now it just takes too many resources if you aren't doing it on a professional level.

I rather put that $1000 into investing crypto coins than buy an actual GPUs, possibly 6 - 12 months later to even Recoup the cost of paying it originally. But hey, a fool and their money.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My Sapphire RX 580 is selling for $720 new

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived