This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stardew Valley, are their missable events?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Stardew Valley, are their missable events?

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 months ago#11
JKatarn posted...
I love Stardew Valley, but one thing that has always bothered me is that the dialogue during the events etc. never changes based on your friend level etc. with the various townfolks - they always say the same thing. Seems very artificial/gamey.

Is there a mod to fix this? Perhaps fan made dialog that fits?

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/925

Just found this. Does this fix that complaint?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 months ago#12
That mod looks like it is specifically made to fix that complaint, although it's questionable whether the dialogue will fit in with the original game. Looks like there are some grammatical issues and stuff because the mod creator's first language isn't English. That and the mod creator decided to make Alex "1/4 Spanish" so apparently he randomly throws Spanish words into his dialogue now?

I'm always skeptical of mods that change dialogue and such because my experience with them is that they usually don't mesh well with the original game. Might be different for you. Anyway, at least somebody is trying to fix that issue since the number of lines each character gets is rather low in the base game.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#13
ElDudorino posted...
JKatarn: That is one of my biggest complaints about the game as well, and puts the game in sharp contrast with games like Rune Factory 4 which have what seems like hundreds of dialogue possibilities depending on the day, the time, the weather, and your relationship level.

Well, that and the incredibly lame 'combat' in SDV. Plus the randomness involved with finding the dwarf scrolls... Not that being friends with the dwarf affects much.

Yeah, considering the quality of the rest of the game, it's pretty surprising, especially considering how a big part of the game is getting to know/befriend the different townspeople. Would also be nice if they had several different layouts/sets of activities for each event, so it's not always the same.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Stardew Valley, are their missable events?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived