This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Darkest Dungeon DLC question?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Darkest Dungeon DLC question?

User Info: iangeofries

iangeofries
4 weeks ago#1
Old game, I assume old dlc but figured this is best place to ask. Is it best to play through the original campaign first?

I'm always weary of getting a game way late, after they have released DLC that would've normally been played by people who had already beaten the game. I'm also weary because a lot of times this tends to add items/characters to the game that maybe alter the difficulty in favor of the player.

I guess I'm wondering if the DLC takes away from the authenticity of the original game?

I plan to ultimately get it, but I'm going to play it on switch and I think if I buy the bundle I cannot control when the DLC alters the base game, so I'm trying to decide between the bundle or just base game for now. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
System: Windows 10 Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Intel 4770k 3.5gz 8GB Ram MSI GTX Geforce 770 OC 2GB 240GB Intel SSD 1TB WD HDD FC: 4098-8093-8179

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
4 weeks ago#2
Yeah crimson court is pretty tough especially for a newbie, you can enable the bonus hero individually though. He's called Flagglant and has the best tank/bleeder in the game, probably abit too strong but the downside is you can only have 1 per team.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: iangeofries

iangeofries
4 weeks ago#3
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Yeah crimson court is pretty tough especially for a newbie, you can enable the bonus hero individually though. He's called Flagglant and has the best tank/bleeder in the game, probably abit too strong but the downside is you can only have 1 per team.

Perfect answer for me. I'm going to get the base game. If I enjoy it enough/finish it, then I'll swing back around to the dlc. I appreciate the response.
System: Windows 10 Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H Intel 4770k 3.5gz 8GB Ram MSI GTX Geforce 770 OC 2GB 240GB Intel SSD 1TB WD HDD FC: 4098-8093-8179

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#4
the crimson court is only like, what, four months old, ish?

It doesn't affect the difficulty much - Flagellant is powerful in the right circumstances (and downright silly in -one specific- circumstance), but not any more so than other classes in similarly appropriate circumstances.

The actual new area can be rough for first timers (you will almost definitely lose some guys to the bosses), but the expansion's gimmick and the non-boss dudes are quite manageable.

the shieldbearer stuff I have no insight on other than people finding it annoying.

The upcoming DLC looks like it could be fun.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: SirHeiska

SirHeiska
4 weeks ago#5
CC makes the game tougher and easier.
It adds optional area in the game and new disease mechanic. Only cure to the disease is in the new optional area...

It also adds some new powerfull items and new badass class.

I would say buy the dlc but do few games without activating it. You will restart the game few times anyway, so activate the dlc when you can handle all basic stuff.

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
4 weeks ago#6
Crimson Court could be difficult if you aren't used to the mechanics. Getting too many of your characters turned into vampires can be problematic, if you aren't able to handle the Courtyard quests.
... even on Earth Mode.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Darkest Dungeon DLC question?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived