This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's your interest in computing? IT, CS, Security, just games...whatever

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's your interest in computing? IT, CS, Security, just games...whatever

User Info: Chrono007

Chrono007
5 months ago#11
Developer + games.
"If A is success in life, then A = x + y + z. Work is x, play is y and z is keeping your mouth shut."
--Albert Einstein

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
5 months ago#12
Network Security and Network Engineering in general.

Just renewed my CCNA and CCNA security certs last weekend, graduate from NJIT next semester. Currently working as a Network Analyst for the school.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: Lugoves

Lugoves
5 months ago#13
Team Lead of a System Engineering group so a bit of everything.
My Collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/LUGOVES/games/owned?platform=0
http://backloggery.com/SwashBuccaneer

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
5 months ago#14
Programming.

At the moment, I am focusing a lot on front-end web development (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Bootstrap etc). Also, I am looking into 2D game development with HTML5 Canvas and JavaScript. Aside from web development, I think I might be interested in Android app development.

If all of the above fails, then I would be interested in CompTIA A+ and all those other certificates.Speaking of, anyone here CompTIA A+ certified? Was the test easy? I don't think I would have to do much studying besides maybe printers and networking.

User Info: Darkanagar

Darkanagar
5 months ago#15
Call Center, I will become the King of Call Centers.

User Info: luitenant_Dan

luitenant_Dan
5 months ago#16
Studying to become a 3d modeller and figured if I have to get a decent pc anyway I might as well use it for gaming too.
FC: 1418 6822 8030 IGN: Blinky

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
5 months ago#17
Programming. I have the most fun with games programming, but it's enjoyable all around since there are usually fun little problems to solve and interesting ways to organize code to make it elegant.
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
5 months ago#18
Little of this, little of that. Network admin, infosec, technology in general. Got more than a passing interest in old tech.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
5 months ago#19
I'm a Java developer for a consulting company. Currently on a contract for a military contractor but hoping to move over to a gaming contract if we ever get another.

I make games as a hobby, interested in all aspects of the development process but most of my focus is on programming, world design, and 3D modeling

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
5 months ago#20
Consultant. Mostly do angular/node.js work with a liberal sprinkling of Spring and Java 8. I do Cloud stuff, but only on the application side - the hardware/datacenter stuff is other guys. I do IOT from time to time, and a lot of Couch/Pouch/Nano/MongoDb/Cloudant json shenanigans as needs must.

Always been interested in the security angle, since my original degreework was for Biometrics, but I don't keep up with it like I probably should.

initial interest was purely gaming-driven.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's your interest in computing? IT, CS, Security, just games...whatever

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived