This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can i have 5.1 with this receiver?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. can i have 5.1 with this receiver?

User Info: imprezas

imprezas
1 month ago#1
Hi people i have 6 speakers and a huge subwoofer can i with this receiver have 5.1 sound with my pc which cables i am gonna need?

https://www.kotsovolos.gr/site/sound-vision/home-cinema/enisxytes/163775-pioneer-vsx-330-black
Sorry for my bad English

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
1 month ago#2
Well, I don't speak that language but it says "5.1" so presumably it'll work. You'd need speaker wire to connect your speakers, and the gauge should be low enough (thick enough) to support the distance the signal will have to travel. Then just hook your PC up via HDMI which I'll assume that receiver supports. I'm sure you can confirm the model number online and double check that it has HDMI.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
1 month ago#3
ElDudorino posted...
You'd need speaker wire to connect your speakers, and the gauge should be low enough (thick enough) to support the distance the signal will have to travel.

I've always wondered why speaker systems like this don't just use standardized 3.5 mm stereo jacks to make things easy. I've personally never had issues with longer Ten to Twenty foot runs of the cable degrading volume/sound quality.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
1 month ago#4
It looks like you would either have to use optical out from your motherboard or sound card, or you could use hdmi from your video card since it does have HDMI pass through.
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

imprezas
1 month ago#5
so my gpu can support audio via hdma?one for my monitor and other for sound?that sounds weird i have the r9 270x it has 2 hdmi output but i dont think thats gonna work
Sorry for my bad English

User Info: Cruzader619

Cruzader619
1 month ago#6
just plug the hdmi into the receiver and then from the receiver to the tv
"If you commit suicide on this forest, bears will poop on your corpse."

imprezas
1 month ago#7
so the receiver is capable of output display via hdmi?tech has gone to far so as cruzader said i just have to put the hdmi from the gpu to the receiver and then from the receiver the hdma output to monitor?
Sorry for my bad English
The cranky hermit 1 month ago#8
wizardmon posted...
I've always wondered why speaker systems like this don't just use standardized 3.5 mm stereo jacks to make things easy.

There's a couple of reasons. Speaker output carries a lot more current than these stereo jacks typically tolerate. There are receivers with RCA jacks, and speakers with RCA jacks, but to use them you must be absolutely sure that the speakers, connectors, and cables will tolerate the current and voltage that your receiver outputs.

Also, you do NOT want to connect or disconnect the wires while the receiver is even plugged in. RCA cables make it a lot easier to do that. And you just know that if a consumer grade receiver had 3.5mm jacks sending a full power signal, some idiot would try to plug in headphones or a line-in and cause a fire or explosion.

imprezas posted...
so the receiver is capable of output display via hdmi?

I have an older version of that receiver. Yes, but it's a passthrough. If you have your PC connected to an HDMI input, and a TV connected to the HDMI output, the receiver will separate the audio and video, then send the audio to your speakers and the video to your TV through the HDMI output. And if you use the ARC channel, then your TV can also send audio back to the receiver through the same HDMI output cable (for instance, if your TV has a Netflix app and you want to hear the sound from Netflix on your surround speakers instead of your TV speakers).
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Playsaver

Playsaver
1 month ago#9
I think your going to need a sub woofer that has its own amp. (My Sony sound receiver is the same way. It is very annoying that we buy these and then the sub woofer needs its own amp. Why isn't that built into the sound receiver?)
You can plug this into your pc and then take the video out from the sound amp. When you do this you'll get a lot of sound options when you right click on the speaker icon on the start bar and then pick the sound receiver as your playback device and then set it up. (it is so much fun seeing all those options. I just loved seeing them all when I plugged into my Sony sound receiver.)
Oh here is an English site for that amp.
http://www.pioneer-audiovisual.eu/eu/node/9207
The cranky hermit 1 month ago#10
Playsaver posted...
Why isn't that built into the sound receiver?

Because the subwoofer needs a lot more power than the 5.0 speakers do. And since most subs are powered, it would be a waste to put a dedicated sub amplifier into a somewhat entry level receiver.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. can i have 5.1 with this receiver?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived