This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to deal with Toxic players?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to deal with Toxic players?

User Info: dermoratraken

dermoratraken
1 month ago#41
arleas posted...
If I'm playing a casual game and...

You're playing a 'team' game though, and your attitude is toxic. TC asked how to deal with toxic players, not be one.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#42
Here's the problem with "Who cares?" as a reply even if someone else is being a dick first. At that point, whether you realize it or not, you've danced real close to the invisible line between being a victim and disrespecting everyone on your team if not the entire match. Whether or not it's accurate it gives the impression that you actually are one of the people who isn't actually trying. If anyone actually doesn't care they wouldn't, or at least shouldn't, have queued in a team based game.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 month ago#43
This is why I promote not playing PVP games, if you're the type of person tat either gets upset due to how people act, or are the "Instant Ignore" type, you probably aren't going to enjoy yourself in any PVP game you play. Do yourself a favor and do what I did - I uninstalled ever PVP game I own and I will probably never play any of them again.

You are just better off doing anything else with your spare time.
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#44
Orestes417 posted...
Because I guarantee you if someone wasn't tilted before you said it they will be afterwards.

This is usually the point someone would talk about snowflakes or some similar rot.

If you're playing a competitive mode "lol I'm just trying to have fun" then yeah, there's a legit issue. But otherwise...who cares?
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
1 month ago#45
If someone is being toxic to you because you're playing the game wrong, then learn to play. Usually they are just fed up with equally toxic people who do what they want and mute everyone who gets angry.

If someone is being toxic just because they are losing, or harassing you, then mute/ignore/report them.

User Info: Frankie_Spankie

Frankie_Spankie
1 month ago#46
Raiden243 posted...
Mute them.

I just mute people the first time they say something stupid/toxic. Needless to say, a lot of people get muted within the first couple minutes.

Sometimes if it seems everywhere I go I get nothing but toxic people, I'll mute the whole server once I join.
Don't **** with Da Hui

User Info: Persinian

Persinian
1 month ago#47
Death_Born posted...
If someone is being toxic to you because you're playing the game wrong, then learn to play. Usually they are just fed up with equally toxic people who do what they want and mute everyone who gets angry.

If someone is being toxic just because they are losing, or harassing you, then mute/ignore/report them.

A curious response, I was under the impression that there are no wrong ways to game. There are ridiculous ways of playing, but wrong?
It's not whether your win or lose but who you go home with after the game.

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
1 month ago#48
Cuss them back, in different languages.

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
1 month ago#49
Realize they are just random people petty enough to go out of their way to insult others for little reason. Ignoring them is the best way to deal with them. Best is not just to ignore them, but not caring enough to even feel like responding in any way. Honestly why would you? I am always surprised by how many people take the bait.
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#50
dermoratraken posted...
You're playing a 'team' game though

I acknowledged that part in the first post I made in this thread. My use of "casual" is that it is just a game, not part of a league, ranked match, competition, tournament, or anything else that would be more serious. If you lose a casual game, you lost a game, big deal. The world doesn't end.

dermoratraken posted...
your attitude is toxic.

Sir, you wound me. I demand satisfaction. (Nah, you'll get over it)

Persinian posted...
I was under the impression that there are no wrong ways to game. There are ridiculous ways of playing, but wrong?

Yes there are wrong ways to play. If I'm in a "free for all" game of quake 3 and instead me and some other guy team up to take everyone else out, that's kinda wrong. Likewise if I'm in a team game and I'm shooting my teammates as much if not more than the other team, that is ALSO wrong.

If the object of the game is to push a cart from point A to point B and instead I'm off in the corner practicing my Rocket Jump skills, that's pretty wrong as well... you can practice that offline, you don't have to do it in the middle of a game.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to deal with Toxic players?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived