This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to deal with Toxic players?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to deal with Toxic players?

User Info: Retrowire

Retrowire
1 month ago#11
DaedalusEx posted...
Realize that it doesn't matter what strangers say on the internet?

practice what you preach.
AdhesiveWombat is the greatest chiptune electro artist ever.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#12
Get a thicker skin and report the more egregious ones. If you can't handle a degree of people being impolite you don't belong in competitive games.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: FixedMan

FixedMan
1 month ago#13
mucloud posted...
FixedMan posted...
Just got Overwatch and LoL and both have an extremely toxic community to the point where it ruins the fun.

How do I deal with Toxic players?

What do you mean by toxic?

Toxic players, like players who get mad and throw insults because you suck at a game.

I like playing Overwatch for fun and I’m currently level 10 but the toxic community kind of takes away my enjoyment

User Info: FixedMan

FixedMan
1 month ago#14
Can I get kicked from Overwatch for ignoring plaers?

I don’t have any gamer friends

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#15
relax
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: strat10

strat10
1 month ago#16
Just play deathmatch. Thats what I been doing. I have 11 games per season after I hit Diamond rank.

Most of my time spent is on DM. Its not toxic since your solo. The only toxic players are the losers since there is no teammates to blame. Its very chill and not very time consuming because I have a life. DM is really perfect for busy people.

DM shouldnt be ignore just because its like CoD. Its actually fun because you meet GM level players. That adds to the challenge.

Yeah toxic players can take a toll on some people. Reason why I stay away from competitve mode because I attack other toxic people. My account is suspended few times.

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
1 month ago#17
Toxic as in they said mean things? Just mute them, who cares?

Toxic as in they are teamkilling etc? Use votekick or play on servers with better admins.
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax

User Info: Chargers_31

Chargers_31
1 month ago#18
Mute chat if possible and don't play games like League of Legends where you are stuck with teammates for 45+ minutes. I had to quit League because it wasn't fun knowing that any misplay would have the potential of making 4 guys rage at you.
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/SDSU-DANCE.gif

User Info: Biceptual

Biceptual
1 month ago#19
become the most toxic of them all
Steam: Biceptual | Bnet: Biceptual#1627 | FC: 3179-6963-0491
Origin: Biceptual0 | Twitch: Biceptual0

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#20
I don't see that much toxicity in Overwatch outside of competitive.

Generally though you just block them. Or...OR...mess with them.
Most people flaming and spitting and cursing are of a child-like mentality and you can flip them out real fast with just two symbols.

:)

Or...if you're feeling sassy.

;)
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to deal with Toxic players?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived