This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best 1440p monitor under 400?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 1440p monitor under 400?

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#21
I didn't know that ;w;
but I'm pretty convinced now.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 months ago#22
DarkZV2Beta posted...
I didn't know that ;w;
but I'm pretty convinced now.

???
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
4 months ago#23
fwiw I have used a 780Ti(which is not much(if at all) faster than a 290 these days) extensively at 1440p and even though you arent going to push 144FPS consistently in many games(e-sports games are about it), its really not hard to get to 70-100FPS with some settings tweaks and that coupled with a sync tech makes the experience still quite good. So if you have a 60Hz monitor right now and are worried the jump wont be worth it w/o upgrading your GPU, I would disagree but everyone will have a different opinion on the matter. And obviously going to 1440p from 1080p w/o a high tier GPU wont be perfect but frankly if you arent someone who has to slide every setting to the max then you will be fine.

And if nothing else you can buy a Vega 64 when they get put on fire sale in a year(like the Fury X's that were sub-$200 for a brief period) and be fine at 1440p.
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

Fade2black001
4 months ago#24
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
fwiw I have used a 780Ti(which is not much(if at all) faster than a 290 these days) extensively at 1440p and even though you arent going to push 144FPS consistently in many games(e-sports games are about it), its really not hard to get to 70-100FPS with some settings tweaks and that coupled with a sync tech makes the experience still quite good. So if you have a 60Hz monitor right now and are worried the jump wont be worth it w/o upgrading your GPU, I would disagree but everyone will have a different opinion on the matter. And obviously going to 1440p from 1080p w/o a high tier GPU wont be perfect but frankly if you arent someone who has to slide every setting to the max then you will be fine.

And if nothing else you can buy a Vega 64 when they get put on fire sale in a year(like the Fury X's that were sub-$200 for a brief period) and be fine at 1440p.

Sounds good

I found this and its cheap but I am very weary about buying this as it comes from South Korea.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RY6P24014

User Info: Villain

Villain
4 months ago#25
I'd be interested in a 24 inch version of that monitor
http://i.imgur.com/ZWNgMXL.jpg
Formerly known as Will VIIII

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#26

I'm in the same boat except I have a regular 780. I agree with what you said

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#27
Fade2black001 posted...

Sounds good

I found this and its cheap but I am very weary about buying this as it comes from South Korea.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2RY6P24014

It's only 75 Hz though. You can barely notice the increase over 60hz imo

Fade2black001
4 months ago#28
Villain posted...
I'd be interested in a 24 inch version of that monitor

So you would buy that one then? Even though its a Korean company and prolly only get people who speak only Korean for tech support?

Fade2black001
4 months ago#29
So I found one of these in perfect condition for 300

https://www.amazon.com/MG279Q-27-Inch-FreeSync-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00ZOO348C

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#30
Thats a great one too. Go for it
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 1440p monitor under 400?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived