This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best 1440p monitor under 400?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 1440p monitor under 400?

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
7 months ago#11
Nothing. I meant the IPS monitor I just posted though. Its 399 and has 144hz 1440p Freesync

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
7 months ago#12
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
Nothing. I meant the IPS monitor I just posted though. Its 399 and has 144hz 1440p Freesync

ok

Too bad its an Acer product though
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Erg0n

Erg0n
7 months ago#13
I would look for a used one at that price.
"The tragedy is not to die, but to be wasted." - Hannibal

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
7 months ago#14
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-S2417DG-24-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B01IOO4SGK
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
7 months ago#15
Its not bad though.Good quality great stand. Even the audio and speakers are solid. Plus 3 year warranty since its new. The Acer one is your best bet. And its 27 inch

Fade2black001
7 months ago#16
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
Its not bad though.Good quality great stand. Even the audio and speakers are solid. Plus 3 year warranty since its new. The Acer one is your best bet. And its 27 inch

I just don't like Acer cause their cheap for a reason

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
7 months ago#17
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Dell s2716dg

not IPS but the colors are good enough once you set it up. But its 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync and hovers in the $400ish range when it goes on sale. I'd not buy a G-sync monitor now if you're not buying an Nvidia GPU for another year or so though. Monitors get cheaper over time so there is no point "settling" now when the same amount of money will get you something better in a year or so.

Bought this monitor last week and loving it so far. A lot of negative feedback is on the viewing angles but since I just game straight on with it, not really a factor for me. The 144hz and no screen tearing with g-sync was a real eye opener.
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

Fade2black001
7 months ago#18
therickmu25 posted...
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Dell s2716dg

not IPS but the colors are good enough once you set it up. But its 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync and hovers in the $400ish range when it goes on sale. I'd not buy a G-sync monitor now if you're not buying an Nvidia GPU for another year or so though. Monitors get cheaper over time so there is no point "settling" now when the same amount of money will get you something better in a year or so.

Bought this monitor last week and loving it so far. A lot of negative feedback is on the viewing angles but since I just game straight on with it, not really a factor for me. The 144hz and no screen tearing with g-sync was a real eye opener.

As other people have mentioned I might go with a freesync one as I have an AMD card and who knows maybe down the line (like 2 years from now) they might have something decent again. My card cant even do 144hz on that resolution anyways and yet I am here trying to future proof a monitor....

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
7 months ago#19
What AMD card is it?

Also, I can vouch for the amazingness of the Dell 144hz/1440p TN panels. I did some color tests, and though they only cover (most of) SRGB, the actual display calibration is quite good, and it doesn't skip very many shades or crush the blacks or whites to do it.
Aside from some issues with vertical lines on subtle grey-to-grey transitions, I've been pretty thoroughly impressed. Dell does not f*** around when it comes to displays.

Now if only they made a 4k 120hz ~16" IPS pen-and-touch display using Wacom's Pro Pen 2/latest digitizer(or better) calibrated for Adobe RGB and REC2020...
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

Fade2black001
7 months ago#20
DarkZV2Beta posted...
What AMD card is it?

Also, I can vouch for the amazingness of the Dell 144hz/1440p TN panels. I did some color tests, and though they only cover (most of) SRGB, the actual display calibration is quite good, and it doesn't skip very many shades or crush the blacks or whites to do it.
Aside from some issues with vertical lines on subtle grey-to-grey transitions, I've been pretty thoroughly impressed. Dell does not f*** around when it comes to displays.

Now if only they made a 4k 120hz ~16" IPS pen-and-touch display using Wacom's Pro Pen 2/latest digitizer(or better) calibrated for Adobe RGB and REC2020...

Its a R9 290

I know Dell makes THE best monitors hands down and will never think twice about buying one.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 1440p monitor under 400?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived