This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best 1440p monitor under 400?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 1440p monitor under 400?

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
6 months ago#1
I would want it to have Gsync over 60hz and IPS, does one exist for this price? I know I am looking way ahead into the future here with this but I just want a bigger monitor then my current. I also have an AMD card ATM but aren't looking to upgrade for a while either and AMD seems to be falling way behind in the GPU department as well. So I will be getting an Nvidia card in the future unless AMD can come out with something. I prolly wont be upgrading my GPU for another year or 2 (unless it dies before then). So in other words I am in a dilemma.

I was also thinking about getting just a normal 60hz 4K monitor but they don't look good in resolution under their native I found out, so... I guess that's out then, maybe....
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
6 months ago#2
Gsync and IPS for $400...likely no, it doesn't exist for that price. The only one I've found that is exactly $399 is a TN panel. :\
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
6 months ago#3
http://www.microcenter.com/product/478859/xf270hu_27_wqhd_led_display_monitor_w-_freesync

IPS 1440p 144hz and Freesync for $399. No Gsync though. The Freesync range is 40hz-144hz which is nerly the same as Gsync(30hz - 144hz)

Tony_Biggie_Pun
6 months ago#4
Since you have an AMD card you can make us of the feature now

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
6 months ago#5
Dell s2716dg

not IPS but the colors are good enough once you set it up. But its 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync and hovers in the $400ish range when it goes on sale. I'd not buy a G-sync monitor now if you're not buying an Nvidia GPU for another year or so though. Monitors get cheaper over time so there is no point "settling" now when the same amount of money will get you something better in a year or so.
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
6 months ago#6
ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 IPS.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-PB278Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Monitor/dp/B009C3M7H0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1516309879&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+pb278q

Gsync not likely.

User Info: Kibid

Kibid
6 months ago#7
Agree with Halomonkey. Dell s2716dg is a very good monitor with 144hz, G-Sync. It's a TN panel but has a nice image with it. During Black Friday Best Buy sold them new for $350. You can often find them on sale for $399. In some cases, if you have a retail store that has open box items in excellent condition you can knock another 20-30 bucks off.

I don't think you're going to find anything cheaper with those specs than the S2716dg.

I also agree with the advice to get a G-Sync display only when you get a Nvidia card. You can get G-Sync right now, and there is a difference with it; however, G-Sync HDR is right around the corner.
8700K @ 5.1ghz (1.36v), Asrock Z370 Extreme Pro4,16gb ddr3200, Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme,1tb 960pro Nvme M.2, 2tb Firecuda, EVGA CLC 280, EVGA T2 1000w

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
6 months ago#8
The Dell is very good for a TN panel.

Tony_Biggie_Pun
6 months ago#9
You have an AMD graphic card so you might as well get the free sync now. Its cheaper and better than a TN

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
6 months ago#10
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
You have an AMD graphic card so you might as well get the free sync now. Its cheaper and better than a TN

What does the panel type have to do with with freesync or Gsync?
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 1440p monitor under 400?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived