This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People should know you will get tax for mining in the USA.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. People should know you will get tax for mining in the USA.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
6 months ago#41
32x2z posted...
You don't need taxes to pay for society. Free market enterprise.

It baffles me that anyone could possibly think free market enterprise being responsible for supplying things that are covered by taxes would EVER result in a positive outcome. In a free market enterprise, everyone is out to make the absolute most money they possibly can. Greed is really the one and only law. Instead of paying taxes, you'll be paying LOTS more in tolls for every single road you drive on. You STILL will not receive any health care if you can't afford it without insurance already - free market enterprise isn't going to give health care away for free. Only the rich will be educated, because only they will be able to afford any education at all. We already have a massive split in wealth and privilege in this country, and we'd fall into an utterly terrible caste system, where people born poor have absolutely zero way to dig themselves out, because they can't become educated since they can't afford it, and without education, can't get jobs to improve their financial situation so maybe their kids might become educated...

That is an utterly f***ing stupid idea to leave everything tax covers to "free market enterprise." There is no possible scenario I can see where that system could ever work.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Viper187666

Viper187666
6 months ago#42
KillerTruffle posted...
32x2z posted...

It baffles me that anyone could possibly think free market enterprise being responsible for supplying things that are covered by taxes would EVER result in a positive outcome. In a free market enterprise, everyone is out to make the absolute most money they possibly can. Greed is really the one and only law. Instead of paying taxes, you'll be paying LOTS more in tolls for every single road you drive on. You STILL will not receive any health care if you can't afford it without insurance already - free market enterprise isn't going to give health care away for free. Only the rich will be educated, because only they will be able to afford any education at all. We already have a massive split in wealth and privilege in this country, and we'd fall into an utterly terrible caste system, where people born poor have absolutely zero way to dig themselves out, because they can't become educated since they can't afford it, and without education, can't get jobs to improve their financial situation so maybe their kids might become educated...

That is an utterly f***ing stupid idea to leave everything tax covers to "free market enterprise." There is no possible scenario I can see where that system could ever work.

The tax code needs to be completely tossed and made much simpler though. Keep sales tax, tax businesses income, and tax individual income directly through their employers. Regular folks shouldn't even need to file tax returns, much less pay somebody else to figure out wtf they owe.
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/xbox01092016.jpg

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
6 months ago#43
KillerTruffle posted...
32x2z posted...

To think a poor person cannot improve his education baffles me. Proper diet and exercise goes a very long way in preventing diseases. Many people have improved their cancer diagnoses by just changing their DIETS. You seem like the type of person who prefers a band-aid instead of a fix. Just because you cannot see that scenario working, does not mean it is not viable. There's a reason you cut and pasted my original statement to just a sentence. Name one product in society that cannot be provided by a third party? (Trick question, all products in society are provided by a third party) Government doesn't just make things happen, they hire people with money that people give them instead of those people getting together, and hiring that person directly. Government is nothing more then a HUB if you will that exist on corruption and fraud while providing minor services to appeal to those who cannot get by which happen to be the largest majority today. By providing food, healthcare, housing, cell phones, education, etc, you create a society that becomes dependent which is not healthy in the slightest. Any society that is dependent on their government will becomes slaves to it.

Pays Taxes to the government > Government gets a paycheck > Government takes small portions of that money to hire third parties for the people > People complain > Pay taxes to the government > So on and so forth.

Sounds like insanity to me but you know, you see that as viable.
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
6 months ago#44
32x2z posted...
To think a poor person cannot improve his education baffles me.

How do you suggest a poor person could improve their education in a system where the only education available is provided by the free market? It will be too expensive to go to school, so where does that education come from? Public school for free? Guess what's paid for by your taxes.

In our current system, poor people can absolutely find their way out. Hell, Ben Carson (current HUD director or whatever) was poor and grew up with a single mom, no dad. He worked his way up to becoming a world-leading neurosurgeon. Sure as hell they can work their way up now, because they have access to education. Take away free education provided by taxes, and how do you imagine it would work?

32x2z posted...
Proper diet and exercise goes a very long way in preventing diseases.

Yep. But not far enough. Just a couple years ago, a highway patrol officer in California, somewhere in his 30s, died of the flu. The flu. He was exceptionally fit, but the flu that year was severe, and caused him to suffer heart failure. Loads of people died from the flu that year. Now take away affordable medical care for the majority of the population, and watch what happens.

People should be living healthy, eating healthy diets now - even with government-provided medical care. They're not going to magically improve if everything moved from tax-provided to private market.

And yes, I understand how taxes work. Government uses tax money to bid out third party contracts for things like highway construction. The government is the single largest entity in terms of buying power in the country, and has tons of influence. As such, they also have the ability to set requirements for bids, and drive bids down since people really want that money and will compete for it. Eliminate that entity with all that buying power, and you're suddenly left with individuals. There's nobody to contract out for that interstate, which means less motivation for those third parties to do it, and if/when it's done, everyone will be charged to use it so they can actually profit from their job. And because there was no powerful entity to push the bids lower, it'll end up costing everyone TONS more than just paying their taxes.

So tell me. In your imaginary utopia, how do poor people become educated and better their position without having the money to pay for that education?
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
6 months ago#45
If there'd be no taxes at all, what would prevent a private military company from taking over a region and charging you double what you're taxed today as protection money?
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
6 months ago#46
KillerTruffle posted...
32x2z posted...
To think a poor person cannot improve his education baffles me.

How do you suggest a poor person could improve their education in a system where the only education available is provided by the free market? It will be too expensive to go to school, so where does that education come from? Public school for free? Guess what's paid for by your taxes.

In our current system, poor people can absolutely find their way out. Hell, Ben Carson (current HUD director or whatever) was poor and grew up with a single mom, no dad. He worked his way up to becoming a world-leading neurosurgeon. Sure as hell they can work their way up now, because they have access to education. Take away free education provided by taxes, and how do you imagine it would work?

32x2z posted...
Proper diet and exercise goes a very long way in preventing diseases.

Yep. But not far enough. Just a couple years ago, a highway patrol officer in California, somewhere in his 30s, died of the flu. The flu. He was exceptionally fit, but the flu that year was severe, and caused him to suffer heart failure. Loads of people died from the flu that year. Now take away affordable medical care for the majority of the population, and watch what happens.

People should be living healthy, eating healthy diets now - even with government-provided medical care. They're not going to magically improve if everything moved from tax-provided to private market.

And yes, I understand how taxes work. Government uses tax money to bid out third party contracts for things like highway construction. The government is the single largest entity in terms of buying power in the country, and has tons of influence. As such, they also have the ability to set requirements for bids, and drive bids down since people really want that money and will compete for it. Eliminate that entity with all that buying power, and you're suddenly left with individuals. There's nobody to contract out for that interstate, which means less motivation for those third parties to do it, and if/when it's done, everyone will be charged to use it so they can actually profit from their job. And because there was no powerful entity to push the bids lower, it'll end up costing everyone TONS more than just paying their taxes.

So tell me. In your imaginary utopia, how do poor people become educated and better their position without having the money to pay for that education?

You are aware that for almost a hundred years people of coloured decent in the USA used inferior education products in a private system and managed to get far in life such as Congress within 30 years of slavery ending in the USA? The federal education system hasn't been around for very long and this country is actually failing in the education system. China produces 50,000 engineers a month, the USA 10,000. It's not the education system when you can take out loans for whatever you want school for.

The problem with your statement is the premise. "Education leads to a better position" or "getting an education will help them better themselves" Education has the possibility to give you a better position, but the majority of your success relies on you not what you get from others.

It's been proven when you let companies compete, prices lower. In a true free market someone will offer the same or similar service for cheaper.
OK so your saying it tried to use a blocked port, got blocked, and switched to an unblocked port while waiting for the user to respond? - Why I love Gfaqs.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
6 months ago#47
"colored decent"
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
6 months ago#48
32x2z posted...
It's been proven when you let companies compete, prices lower. In a true free market someone will offer the same or similar service for cheaper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartel
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: sfcalimari

sfcalimari
6 months ago#49
Libertarians:

"Argh why doesn't the US treasury use the gold standard? Our dollars aren't base on anything of value!"
-LATER-
"Bitcoin is amazing. Pay no attention to the fact that it isn't based on anything of value and appears to be a giant ponzi scheme."

-THEN-

"Bitcoin is great because everything is transparent and trackable."
-LATER-
"Argh why is the government tracking my Bitcoin transactions and taxing me?!?!?!?"
i wanna walk out into the night
without it being running away

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
6 months ago#50
ancaps and super-hard libertarians are baffling.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. People should know you will get tax for mining in the USA.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived