This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best deckbuilder games on Steam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best deckbuilder games on Steam?

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
6 months ago#21
Any physical card game is way more expensive than hearthstone to stay competitive. Hearthstone is still the best. The new pve mode is quite fun as well

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
6 months ago#22
Damaged7 posted...
Hand of Fate 1/2

Wait, the second one came out? Sweet!

Anyway, I wanted to mention that these are slightly different, in that it's a mix of a roguelike and a deckbuilder. The cards represent various things like monsters, traps, merchants, items, etc. Some encounters get to be resolved in a 3D level where you control a character but it's a small arena where, say, you fight off a small pack of monsters or try to navigate a limited maze for loot.

Still pretty fun, though.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Veluxier

Veluxier
6 months ago#23
I see alot of my friends playing Shadowverse

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
6 months ago#24
If you're fine with anime, Shadowverse is pretty much the same as Hearthstone except the game is actually quite generous in giving you card packs.
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: KaiRyusaki

KaiRyusaki
6 months ago#25
Animation Throwdown is obviously the best. You can tell by the fact I used the word "obviously"

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
6 months ago#26
CCG and deck-building games are not the same thing.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
6 months ago#27
lostsymphony posted...

^This. A deck-building game is were all players start with a crap starter deck at the beginning of every match and then you collect new cards during the game to add to your deck to make it better. Usually this involves buying cards from some neutral pool or some such, although the rules can vary greatly.

I don't really play deck-building games so I can't recommend any but I've seen a few people playing Star Realms recently which is based on a physical game:

https://youtu.be/Tn711LcHtpY
The SilentCaay Channel - Shadowverse and other video game vids.
H3VR [VIVE] - Take & Hold Part 1: Skate Shooting - https://youtu.be/te-oXP638aw

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
6 months ago#28
the only thing particularly close to a deckbuilder or CCG or whatever the term is now that I've enjoyed is Hand of Fate.

there are other CCGs on Steam but none have really grabbed me.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
6 months ago#29
A deck-building game is a card game where construction of a deck is the main focus of gameplay.[1] It is similar to collectible card games (CCGs) in that each player has their own deck. However, unlike CCGs, the cards are not sold in randomized packs, and the majority of the deck is built during the game, instead of before the game.

Pretty blurred lines but whatever, that pretty much all applies to the campaigns of Magic (CCG), its only at the end game with all unlocked cards that it stops applying.

vlado_e posted...
Wait, the second one came out? Sweet!

Hell yeah. It improves on the first game in pretty much every way.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
6 months ago#30
SilentCaay posted...
lostsymphony posted...

^This. A deck-building game is were all players start with a crap starter deck at the beginning of every match and then you collect new cards during the game to add to your deck to make it better. Usually this involves buying cards from some neutral pool or some such, although the rules can vary greatly.

I don't really play deck-building games so I can't recommend any but I've seen a few people playing Star Realms recently which is based on a physical game:

https://youtu.be/Tn711LcHtpY

many ccg have pve content such as hearthstone where you build decks as you face different opponents thus making it fit your overly specific criteria
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best deckbuilder games on Steam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived