This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for feedback on a TV

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for feedback on a TV

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
7 months ago#11
oh the sound is great. just my stereo overpowers it. but i have a completely ridiculous stereo setup as it is. if you can even call it that. when i want my s*** loud and booming i just turn on all my amplifiers and let the speakers rip.

4k native wont matter, but the 1080p will. at least if youre doing 1080p 120hz on the 900e youre going to have upscaling issues. its due to the procesor. and itll have bars and stuff and jaggies. rtings.com goes into that on the x900e review but the avs forums has other users going deeper into the issue. i would think 1440p could give the same kind of jagginess issues with the upscaling

if youre just running 1080p 60hz or running off a console or blu ray player or cable box you wont have any issues with the 900e though. but the one thing thats kinda holding u back there is the processor. i mean its not that bad. but its about 40% less capable as the x1 extreme or so they say. so the frame by frame contrast enhancers and xtended dynamic range for brightest whites and blackest blacks, and all the other image and motion enhancements wont really be on the same level. but when im gaming at least on my pc i tend to turn off the motion enhancements and some of the image processing too. the contrast adjuster and xtended dynamic range, and tru color, ahigh black level and medium local dimming never hurts though and can really bring a game to life. especially with alot of contrast and a bit of sharpness.

i thought the witcher 3 looked good when i ran it from my pc on ultra on my old ass 1080p 60 hz hdtv i was using for all these years before, but god damn this panel makes my old one look like a pile of dog s***.

i dont know man its up to you heres the avs thread on the x930e u can see what others have to say. theres probably alot of x900e feedback in there as well

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/2772009-official-2017-sony-xbr-x930e-owner-s-thread-no-price-talk.html

if it were me i would go for the 65 inch x930e. its a much better set. plus i sit 5 exactly feet in front of mine. it would be an easy choice for me, seeing a 75 inch would be way too big for me for gaming with my setup as it is. id be looking all over the place, or id have to remodel the room just to get it to sit farther back in here. its like already on the verge of being too big for me as it is. but if youre sitting farther back you might want a bigger model. its all personal preference.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
7 months ago#12
Well it seems you've already got a lot of answers since my last post. :p The only thing I can say is the input lag is a decent amount better on my XBR55X930E, having 26ms. My last tv had 36 and the tv I had before that was somewhere in the mid-20s. The 10ms difference was definitely noticeable with my last tv and the X930E having it low again was actually a main reason I chose it over some others I was deciding between.

But of course a small ms difference isn't as important to everyone so it might not matter to you. Though I'll say I passed on some other tvs for this one just because they were 32ms.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|2xSLI GTX 980ti Lightning LE|HAF 932|Sony 55inch 4K HDR|HTC Vive

User Info: Conker

Conker
7 months ago#13
Well, I’m speaking with a customer relations team member and left a voicemail for her asking about the 75X940E.

I’m willing to pay any difference, so if she works something out, might as well pay like $1000+ and get the best of both, lol.

Honestly, I hope she does offer me that because I’ve been really pissed at Sony over the issues with the replacement sets I’ve gotten and their general support are unhelpful. It took quite a bit of patience and then b****ing to get anywhere with them.

I was actually looking at getting a Samsung 75” dropping $4k when she called me back the other day after three weeks of back-and-forth after getting my replacement. So if I could pay a difference for a 940E I’d probably go from a hating to extremely happy.
If you don't want to argue about something, take the initiative and stfu.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
7 months ago#14
i wouldnt be upset if i had to go from a 930c to a 930e instead of a 940e. the only difference between them is that the 940e only comes in 75 inch models and the 940e has alot more motion blur for some reason. other than that theyre pretty much the same.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/sony-x930e-vs-sony-x940e/419/433

a 940d is probably the worst of the bunch and its got all kinds of issues involving hdr, motion blur, input lag, and all this other stuff. so going from that to a 930e or 940e is gonna be a godsend either way. sony seemed to have s*** the bed with that model the other year
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: Conker

Conker
7 months ago#15
They didn’t have any refurbs available and said they wouldn’t do a new 940e, so i went with the 930e. Either way it will be better than the defective units I’ve gotten.

I’ll still miss some of the stuff from my 930C but it is better for everything but audio it appears.
If you don't want to argue about something, take the initiative and stfu.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for feedback on a TV

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived