This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crypto mining is stupid and I hope miners all drop off the face of the planet

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Crypto mining is stupid and I hope miners all drop off the face of the planet

User Info: lazycomplife

lazycomplife
4 weeks ago#41
captsplatter_1 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...
But couldn't the argument be made that if you became a miner yourself, that you could then afford a new card?

I have a full time job, and theoretically I COULD afford a new card, but I'm not willing to pay $1000 for something that should cost $500. I imagine most people won't, assuming they care about value for their investment.

Talking about the 1080s (non Ti)? Cause I think the Ti ones were like $650.

Yeah they were $699 MSRP when they came out last March, and instead of dropping in price like they usually do over the course of a year (I estimated a drop from $699 to $500, which is probably too generous, even $600 would be reasonable after a year), they are over $1000.

They don't drop in price, they only go up.

Been PC gaming since I was 12 and PC components have usually gone down in price over time. That's pretty much standard for most electronics.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#42
ArkonBlade posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...
But couldn't the argument be made that if you became a miner yourself, that you could then afford a new card?

I have a full time job, and theoretically I COULD afford a new card, but I'm not willing to pay $1000 for something that should cost $500. I imagine most people won't, assuming they care about value for their investment.

lol You have a job. Only people who would get mad is kids that relies on parents money to buy stuff. It's only $1000.

That's called being stupid with your money. If anything, a kid would think that $1000 is not big deal because they didn't have to work for it. Being able to afford $1000 is a different issue from that $1000 actually being worth dropping, which is the real question. Most people would say no, especially since prices have been inflated beyond what they were before.

Most people I know earns around $10-11k a month.

If you live in Manhattan maybe or some other massive city. Out in the rest of the world most people i know make around 30-40k a year.

It's obvious at this point that OP is trolling - he probably hasn't worked a day in his life.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#43
su27Chaos posted...
Main reason why people voted for Trump is to fight people like him. People like him acts like money grows on trees.

?????? Huh???? In what universe does Trump care about the middle/lower classes? Everything he has done thusfar has been to benefit his 1%er friends to the detriment of everybody else.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: lazycomplife

lazycomplife
4 weeks ago#44
JKatarn posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...

lol You have a job. Only people who would get mad is kids that relies on parents money to buy stuff. It's only $1000.

That's called being stupid with your money. If anything, a kid would think that $1000 is not big deal because they didn't have to work for it. Being able to afford $1000 is a different issue from that $1000 actually being worth dropping, which is the real question. Most people would say no, especially since prices have been inflated beyond what they were before.

If you live in Manhattan maybe or some other massive city. Out in the rest of the world most people i know make around 30-40k a year.

It's obvious at this point that OP is trolling - he probably hasn't worked a day in his life.

I have a full time job but I don't think it's a reasonable use of my income to spend twice as much on the same product when the extra $500 or so could go toward paying off my car or making other improvements to my life.

User Info: Metalfan49

Metalfan49
4 weeks ago#45
Biceptual posted...
Someone buy a bunch of cases of poker chips and spray paint them gold and silver

Get a stamp made that says "Bitcoin, TM"

Stamp them all

Sell them to 90 year olds watching infomericals on daytime TV. $25 for a 10 stack of gold. $10 for a stack of silver.

boom.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/10-Pack-Golden-Bitcoin-Coin-Bronze-Physical-Bitcoins-Coin-Collectible-BTC-Coin/822577728
Love,
metalfan49

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
4 weeks ago#46
ArkonBlade posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...

He's just some 12 year old that's trolling.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: tearast

tearast
4 weeks ago#47
I got a setup with 4 1060s. Easy $18 per day in profit. (net revenue - duh - inb4 some kid that doesn't understand basic economics like @Conker says "b-b-but what about da utilities hurrr").

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
4 weeks ago#48
Are you saying playing videogames, and also contributing to "global warming", is somehow more important?

f***ing nerd
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
4 weeks ago#49
Wah wah wah, people are using parts I want to use to play my electronic toys to try and make money!
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
4 weeks ago#50
GeminiX7 posted...
Wah wah wah, people are using parts I want to use to play my electronic toys to try and make money!

Entertainment is a far more useful contribution to society than a bunch of stupid f***s wasting electricity in the hopes of striking rich. Even if you think entertainment contributes nothing, that's better than the negative contribution of idiotic speculators. Speculators ruin everything.
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Crypto mining is stupid and I hope miners all drop off the face of the planet

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived