This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crypto mining is stupid and I hope miners all drop off the face of the planet

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Crypto mining is stupid and I hope miners all drop off the face of the planet

User Info: hitokiri13

hitokiri13
3 months ago#31
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...
But couldn't the argument be made that if you became a miner yourself, that you could then afford a new card?

I have a full time job, and theoretically I COULD afford a new card, but I'm not willing to pay $1000 for something that should cost $500. I imagine most people won't, assuming they care about value for their investment.

lol You have a job. Only people who would get mad is kids that relies on parents money to buy stuff. It's only $1000.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam. - Hannibal

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 months ago#32
Well I'm mixed on it i guess. One of the things i do on the side is buy and resell PC parts. I have a friend who runs a PC recycling center and I am one of two people that gets first crack at all the good stuff when he gets his stuff in. He just called me today and said he has 4 Radeon 270X cards and a 280X card and asks if i wanted them for $40 a pop.

So in that respect it has made me more money on my resale of parts.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: 1337toothbrush

1337toothbrush
3 months ago#33
hitokiri13 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...
But couldn't the argument be made that if you became a miner yourself, that you could then afford a new card?

I have a full time job, and theoretically I COULD afford a new card, but I'm not willing to pay $1000 for something that should cost $500. I imagine most people won't, assuming they care about value for their investment.

lol You have a job. Only people who would get mad is kids that relies on parents money to buy stuff. It's only $1000.

That's called being stupid with your money. If anything, a kid would think that $1000 is not big deal because they didn't have to work for it. Being able to afford $1000 is a different issue from that $1000 actually being worth dropping, which is the real question. Most people would say no, especially since prices have been inflated beyond what they were before.
:D
https://imgur.com/a/FU9H8

hitokiri13
3 months ago#34
1337toothbrush posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...

That's called being stupid with your money. If anything, a kid would think that $1000 is not big deal because they didn't have to work for it. Being able to afford $1000 is a different issue from that $1000 actually being worth dropping, which is the real question. Most people would say no, especially since prices have been inflated beyond what they were before.

Most people I know earns around $10-11k a month.

1337toothbrush
3 months ago#35
hitokiri13 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...

Wouldn't make them any less of a f***ing moron to drop $1000 on a graphics card with an MSRP of half that.

User Info: therickmu25

therickmu25
3 months ago#36
I got a 1080 FTW on Newegg today for $640. Hate myself for paying that much but better than the standard $1000 a 1070is going for
PC: http://i.imgur.com/9Ho6VA1.jpg

hitokiri13
3 months ago#37
Money is just money.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 months ago#38
hitokiri13 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...

If you live in Manhattan maybe or some other massive city. Out in the rest of the world most people i know make around 30-40k a year.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: su27Chaos

su27Chaos
3 months ago#39
ArkonBlade posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...

If you live in Manhattan maybe or some other massive city. Out in the rest of the world most people i know make around 30-40k a year.

Main reason why people voted for Trump is to fight people like him. People like him acts like money grows on trees.
I like my beer like I like my violence...
Domestic.

1337toothbrush
3 months ago#40
su27Chaos posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
hitokiri13 posted...
lazycomplife posted...
reiko sawamura posted...

Main reason why people voted for Trump is to fight people like him. People like him acts like money grows on trees.

Desperation makes people do stupid things, even vote in a billionaire claiming to fight for their interests. The next downturn will be a real hell of a party.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Crypto mining is stupid and I hope miners all drop off the face of the planet

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived