This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Crypto mining is stupid and I hope miners all drop off the face of the planet

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Crypto mining is stupid and I hope miners all drop off the face of the planet

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#11
lazycomplife posted...
I just want to be able to afford a graphics card upgrade so I can play in 4k

Yes, because the lack of crypto mining would suddenly make true 4K gaming practical/affordable, lol.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 months ago#12
JKatarn posted...
lazycomplife posted...
I just want to be able to afford a graphics card upgrade so I can play in 4k

Yes, because the lack of crypto mining would suddenly make true 4K gaming practical/affordable, lol.

i mean it depends what affordable is. you just added the word "practical" in there to assist your argument despite the word not being used previously. affordable might be $500 and not $1000 as he mentioned.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Premium

Premium
4 months ago#13
Only the gullible buy into the belief that actually mining these cryptos is how to profit from them.
How do you ejaculate from plane? I try to press the buttons but I do not find it. Sorry for my bad english - Bean0

User Info: 27_Sandman_40

27_Sandman_40
4 months ago#14
Ghost_Turtle posted...
It’s pretty f***ing ridiculous no doubt. Hopefully this mess will die down by the end of summer.

Yeah hopefully people lose money!

f*** me, I just want to play games! I don't care about other people's investments!
yankees ws chizzamps

27_Sandman_40
4 months ago#15
Premium posted...
Only the gullible buy into the belief that actually mining these cryptos is how to profit from them.

I make $6 a day mining with my 1080. That's free money.
yankees ws chizzamps

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
4 months ago#16
Doesn't affect me, have no interest in it and I can wait for parts to fluctuate back down if I'm interested in building a new PC.

User Info: Conker

Conker
4 months ago#17
27_Sandman_40 posted...
Premium posted...

Not free in economical terms. The cost is the utilities you pay for and the offset cost you could get selling that card now.
If you don't want to argue about something, take the initiative and stfu.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

27_Sandman_40
4 months ago#18
Conker posted...
27_Sandman_40 posted...
Premium posted...

Not free in economical terms. The cost is the utilities you pay for and the offset cost you could get selling that card now.

That's my net profit.
yankees ws chizzamps

User Info: thegreatandrewm

thegreatandrewm
4 months ago#19
Not even worth the time for 6$
I7 6700k at 800 mhz feel the speed :)
i72600k 3.4ghz x12 ,12 GB DDR3 x60,sapphire 7970,1080 ti x20,1500w power supply x6.

27_Sandman_40
4 months ago#20
thegreatandrewm posted...
Not even worth the time for 6$

Literally have to run a .bat file whenever I'm not using my desktop.

It's simple as hell.
yankees ws chizzamps
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Crypto mining is stupid and I hope miners all drop off the face of the planet

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived