This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I see paywalled online play on consoles as basically this.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I see paywalled online play on consoles as basically this.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
1 month ago#11
But yea it's complete and total greed and not actually necessary other to fund cocaine/hooker parties.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#12
Like the current GPU pricing debacle, they charge/price things the way they do because people will pay/have no choice. Until console users refuse to pay en masse, they will keep charging.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#13
Damaged7 posted...
They provide an online service, much like any other service out there. You can either pay to use that service or not. Its not anything like a grocery store taking half your food. It would be like you buying food, but having the option of paying more to have them carried out to your car.

Nope. You can get Rocket League on the PS4, Xbone, Switch, or PC. That's your bag of chips in your four stores. Two of those stores will take away half the chips, arguably more than half (the online component) if you don't pay up the subscription to their store, the third one is openly planning to start this policy, and the fourth will just give you the entire f***ing bag for the purchase price without taking anything away from you for not paying more than they said it costs. And if you change it from Rocket League to Overwatch or PUBG, games with no offline components, then that's them taking all of the chips and leaving you with just the bag itself. The definition of a waste of money.

It's the exact same product in all cases, but you have to play more for full functionality from two-going-on-three venues. Say what you will, but the console manufacturers are ripping people off.

JKatarn posted...
Like the current GPU pricing debacle, they charge/price things the way they do because people will pay/have no choice. Until console users refuse to pay en masse, they will keep charging.

And I don't have a loud enough voice to instigate that.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#14
god people need to really stop with these awful analogy topics they rarely if every work.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#15
Are you going to argue against the analogy or are you just gonna complain about it?

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#16
complain about it.

I want to go grocery shopping now actually.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
1 month ago#17
but but but but but you get free monthly games!!!!!

But yea the BS ps+/gold subscription is mainly why my PS4 mostly collects dust now. I think Nintendo is adding a subscription too for their online multiplayer components. That sucks. Guess I won't be playing or buying Smash 5.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#18
Really the "freebies" are just the equivalent of the company jingling keys in front of your face while hoping that you won't notice they're ripping you off.

I'm real uppity about it lately because I think it would be easier to stop Nintendo before they get started, but apparently nobody cares enough to put in the group effort that would imply.

User Info: hokkendire

hokkendire
1 month ago#19
Live and psn are pretty much an idea from the companies to make more money back on the consoles that they sell for a loss.
| i7 7770K| MSI z270 M3 | 980ti | 16gb DDR4@3600| Oculus Rift
Steam: DatDudeCorks

Sailor_Razor
1 month ago#20
If they can't do that off the back of software, then they're spending too much money on games and need to make things with smaller budgets.

Reminded of Tomb "Sold three million copies, fell below expectations" Raider.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I see paywalled online play on consoles as basically this.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived