This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There are only 6 people in the world playing Law Breakers right now.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There are only 6 people in the world playing Law Breakers right now.

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
6 months ago#41
A few very simple things would have at least made it passable with a small group of friends:
1. Bots. No bots means the game lives and dies by its player base, and in Lawbreakers' case it is super dead.
2. Full modding support. Because if there's one thing PC gamers are known for, it's fixing broken crap and making it better via modding. Locking that out effectively removes the sole reason to play on PC besides graphics and/or not owning overpriced trashy consoles, which means the playerbase dies even faster.
3. Splitscreen. There is literally no reason that an offline splitscreen mode can't be included in every modern non-RTS game using Unreal Engine, as the engine itself supports splitscreen, and enabling it isn't THAT hard. It basically solves the no-playerbase issue too, as it ensures that even with the servers permanently down, a bunch of friends can sit around the monitor/TV, grab controllers, and party like it's 1998.

The fact that NONE of those apply to Lawbreakers means that unless it goes F2P and gets a substantial increase in player count, it is effectively a waste of a slot on your Steam account, as it can't be played without other people.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
6 months ago#42
Browsing the Steam forum, one of the devs actually posted in an old thread "Watch a dev stream!", about playing the game a few days ago, lol. Optimistic/stubborn until the very end. A drastic price reduction/going F2P might still salvage this game, but even then it would likely take at least a few months for the playerbase to build back up enough that your average player would have a reasonable chance of getting into a match. If they're not going to drop the price/go to F2P or make any other positive changes to salvage this disaster, they mine as well just shut off the servers and save money there - I mean, less than a dozen people are playing on average, it's not like they'd be pissing off some massive userbase.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: F0cu5

F0cu5
6 months ago#43
I don't understand how it's even possible for a new game to have a playerbase this small. I can load up random PC games from 2002 and find more players than that on some of them. Is the game really that awful? Are there decent player numbers on PS4?
whichmultiplat.com, my current project
discussions on the best release of each game

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
6 months ago#44
F0cu5 posted...
I don't understand how it's even possible for a new game to have a playerbase this small. I can load up random PC games from 2002 and find more players than that on some of them. Is the game really that awful? Are there decent player numbers on PS4?

i've heard people can have a hard time finding games at odd hours on ps4, which probably means its low but not dead.

the thing with this game compared to old games is now there's word of mouth to stay away from the game.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
6 months ago#45
Damaged7 posted...
Okay cool. Not sure why people are so obsessed with this games low player count.

It's schadenfreude. Cliffy and the game's marketing were super obnoxious about how awesome they thought they were, which would have been fine if the game had succeeded but since it didn't makes them very enjoyable targets for ridicule.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
6 months ago#46
therickmu25 posted...
Cliffy B Video games
The Palace of Deceit (1991)
Dare to Dream (1993)
Jazz Jackrabbit (1994)
Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (1998)
Unreal (1998)
Unreal Tournament (1999)
Rune (2000)
Unreal Tournament 2003 (2002)
Unreal II: The Awakening (2003)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (2004)
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (2005)
Gears of War (2006)
Gears of War 2 (2008)
Shadow Complex (2009)
Bulletstorm (2011)
Gears of War 3 (2011)
Superhot (2016) (co-designer of an arena stage)
LawBreakers (2017)

I mean, you can not like him personally, but saying he's a mix between no talent Dan Bilzerian and Peter 'I haven't done anything since Project Milo' Molyneux is inaccurate. I'm 30 and remember Unreal Tournament being the best FPS I had ever played at the time on PC.

He's made handful of classics

agreed. the guy is a major douche but he knows how to make a good game. Even Lawbreakers has good mechanics but I just didn't like the style of game.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There are only 6 people in the world playing Law Breakers right now.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived