This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

There are only 6 people in the world playing Law Breakers right now.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There are only 6 people in the world playing Law Breakers right now.

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
3 months ago#21
not even douch of Cliff B is playing? damn...........
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 months ago#22
yeah it hit Z E R O the other day as someone mentioned, and that wasn't some random 4am wednesday number, that was during primetime.

also, its great to see that Battleborn got beat out as the biggest recent flop.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 months ago#23
I think LawBreakers would have done so much better if it had launched as free to play.

In a market that's already saturdated with first person shooters, coming in with a brand new IP as a brand new company and expecting people to shell out a premium release price is beyond mere arrogance.

The game might still have not done well, but you'd have had a much better chance of it succeeding if there was no price barrier to entry. You'd have way more people just giving it a shot.

Then, of course, you'd need to improve the tutorial stuff, which I heard didn't do a good job.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
3 months ago#24
Dragon Nexus posted...
I think LawBreakers would have done so much better if it had launched as free to play.

In a market that's already saturdated with first person shooters, coming in with a brand new IP as a brand new company and expecting people to shell out a premium release price is beyond mere arrogance.

The game might still have not done well, but you'd have had a much better chance of it succeeding if there was no price barrier to entry. You'd have way more people just giving it a shot.

Then, of course, you'd need to improve the tutorial stuff, which I heard didn't do a good job.

Well the current price tag isn't helping it all. No steam user is going to stumble upon this game and be like OK I'll give it a shot, knowing that the money spent would better be burnt since you will be playing a multiplayer game with NO other players. At least by making it F2P it might pick up some users who were previously hesitant.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: Yadxov

Yadxov
3 months ago#25
I don't understand why it should fail THIS badly, but then again, I'm not playing the game, either.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#26
Hagan posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...

Well the current price tag isn't helping it all. No steam user is going to stumble upon this game and be like OK I'll give it a shot, knowing that the money spent would better be burnt since you will be playing a multiplayer game with NO other players. At least by making it F2P it might pick up some users who were previously hesitant.

I think even at $5-10 it might garner more interest. Seriously, when the userbase for your content is less than a dozen, what could it possibly hurt to lower the price at this point? I've been curious about the game and might bite at $5-10, especially if I knew that the pricepoint would no doubt attract others. I feel like it's just Bosskey/Nexon being stubborn at this point, like rather than admitting the game didn't succeed and trying to stoke the fires, they're content to let it just fade away vs. admitting they made a mistake with the marketing/pricing etc. and adjusting.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
3 months ago#27
Nazanir posted...
Cliffy B

why is this guy so reviled? I'm not aware of this drama.
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 months ago#28
Supremo posted...
Nazanir posted...
Cliffy B

why is this guy so reviled? I'm not aware of this drama.

he's kind of a mix between dan bilzerian and peter molyneux. basically makes outlandish statements about how great him and his team are (including that Lawbreakers is a billion dollar franchise), while also publicly flaunting his wealth
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#29
Probably needs to get the 6 month notice then.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
3 months ago#30
Supremo posted...

why is this guy so reviled? I'm not aware of this drama

The only real success, as in major success, the guy had was with Gears of War. He made a pretty good, but kinda obscure platformer in the 90s called Jazz Jackrabbit (less obscure now due to internet osmosis). He helped develop Unreal and Unreal Tournament, but that was about it really.

Gears of War was his billion dollar franchise. That was with MS backing him, financially and through advertising.

To think an indie company starting up with a brand new IP and next to no advertising presense until maybe a couple of weeks before launch could somehow become as popular as Gears of War just like that was laughable and incredibly arrogant.

And as said above, dude loves bragging about how rich he is, what cars he drives, what his apartment's like and so on.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. There are only 6 people in the world playing Law Breakers right now.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived