This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can still see jaggies on 4k

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I can still see jaggies on 4k

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 month ago#11
Some games do, some games do not. Some games you need a wee bit of AA turned on.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: wei-pai

wei-pai
1 month ago#12
OP you fell for the hype.. don't be a sheep next time and stop following others.
Site: youtube.com/user/YSNReview
SFV True Cover: http://i.imgur.com/2C5gVhO.jpg?1

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#13
Jaggies dont bother me bcuz i grew up with chrono trigger and pokemon blue. So i can play at 720p.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
1 month ago#14
360p Master Race

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#15
Your need retina quality

why not just say better pixel density vs some bulls*** apple marketing term?
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#16
rusty12000 posted...
Back in myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy day, the whole game was pixels......

......Kids these days......

Yeah no kidding. I remember when you had pixels the size of your pinky fingernail (well a slight exaggeration, but I do remember using the TRS-80 Model I which had a display resolution of like 160x32 on a 12" display I think. I'm going by memory so it might be bigger or the resolution might be wrong)

Most of the games on that thing used text/symbols/punctuation because it was sharper than it could produce if you tried to use pixel graphics with the basic set/unset command.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#17
Killah Priest posted...
Your need retina quality

why not just say better pixel density vs some bulls*** apple marketing term?

he has no idea what it actually means
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#18
Also worth mentioning that some game elements render at a lower resolution. Often shadows and reflections. Sometimes particle effects and light effects. So what did you see aliasing on?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#19
I'm curious how close the TC is sitting to that 55" screen. At "normal" viewing distance of 5-10 feet for that size screen, he shouldn't be able to see any individual pixel detail that clearly. Assuming he has normal 20/20 vision, a true 4k 55" screen would look ideal at around 40" - closer, and you more easily see individual pixels. Farther, and you begin to lose detail at the smallest level. You could still pull back a bit farther than 40" and be fine as things blur together a little bit more without too much loss of detail.

If he's sitting like 3 feet from the screen though, of course he's going to be seeing jaggies/pixels still, because he's significantly closer than the ideal viewing distance. This would be compounded if he has better than 20/20 vision too...

There's also the potential issue that some games may not actually render everything at 4k, so it *could* be game-related, rather than display resolution-related.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#20
KillerTruffle posted...
This would be compounded if he has better than 20/20 vision too...

That's the reason I notice jaggies. Luckily most AA is pretty efficient these days.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I can still see jaggies on 4k

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived