This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gaming is dying?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is dying?

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
1 month ago#11
ritsuka66 posted...
PC gaming is dying?

Yes.

Been dying since the eighties.
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really? http://store.steampowered.com/app/585900/Harvest_Moon_Light_of_Hope/
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
1 month ago#12
PC gaming is undead.

"died" a while ago but yet still keeps on going.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
1 month ago#13
arleas posted...
grand_commander posted...
glory of power metal posted...
I saw some memes on Reddit today about Bitcoin taking a huge dive, is that true?

It's true. According to Fortune the big cryptocurrencies took a massive hit today, losing about a sixth to a quarter of their values.

From what I've heard, the whole bitcoin thing was the market being manipulated anyway. The reason it's losing value is because it never had any to begin with. Imaginary money with imaginary value with no real use other than "buy buy buy.........SELL SELL...SELL!!!!!!" just like every other market bubble.

But really... can we quit with the "PC gaming is dying" bulls***? It's not just old, it's ancient.

Of course it's being manipulated and people who are either professional stock brokers or pretend ones that know just enough to know how to manipulate a market with their online presence are the ones driving it up so they can cash it out before the bubble pops. They're treating the every day average Joe Schmoe as a catalyst for their own wallets.

User Info: thegreatandrewm

thegreatandrewm
1 month ago#14
Well if this continues consoles will go up also :)
So i guess consoles dying also.
I7 6700k at 800 mhz feel the speed :)
i72600k 3.4ghz x12 ,12 GB DDR3 x60,sapphire 7970,1080 ti x20,1500w power supply x6.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#15
MarceloSampaio posted...
ritsuka66 posted...
PC gaming is dying?

Yes.

Been dying since the eighties.

Beat me to it ;)
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#16
LazyyAmerican posted...
Fools who think they're gonna strike it rich with cryptocurrency.

Some people have already made a boatload off of crypto currencies not really sure what you’re trying to get at here
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
1 month ago#17
It's not dying but it's due for a big change if the situation gets any worse. We're gonna go back to 2005 days where consoles and PCs have vastly different libraries and the most we will get is AA games. Triple A will remain on consoles since that's where it is profitable and not a lot of people will have enthusiast PCs to play them so they won't port them over.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: robert43s

robert43s
1 month ago#18
thegreatandrewm posted...
Well if this continues consoles will go up also :)
So i guess consoles dying also.

Since consoles use custom silicon, and essentially target a different audience, then probably not. I can not see pc only gamers switching to console.
Remember, it's only a game, have fun and enjoy.

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#19
Tyranius2 posted...
We're gonna go back to 2005 days where consoles and PCs have vastly different libraries and the most we will get is AA games.

I would love it if we returned to the days where PC had vastly different games from consoles and we could depend on games being made to take advantage of the PC's strengths instead of being hamstrung by the limitations of the consoles.

You may see it as a bad thing but I'd be willing to bet that PC would do just fine without AAA $60 shovelware ports. There's a handful of good developers that would take the time to do PC games right, but those are few and far between.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
https://i.imgur.com/Po5TbWg.jpg

User Info: DoMyEyesLie

DoMyEyesLie
1 month ago#20
captsplatter_1 posted...
And RAM.

This.

Honestly, RAM prices are far more out of whack then GPU prices right now.
Yay gaming
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gaming is dying?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived