This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So yea...cryptocurrency....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So yea...cryptocurrency....

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
6 months ago#1
Are average joes driving around in Benz now?
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
6 months ago#2
pfft benz, scrub status.
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
6 months ago#3
No, but the average joe wants to drive a benz in one month and be financially free, so they go around and buy 3-6 GPUs, set up their rigs and will slowly realize it will take considerably more power to earn a lot of money and that their coin of choice is probably gonna tank by the time they have enough.

Once this all crash, they will be selling it used so prices should drop considerably.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA SSD || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

User Info: Risa_Omomo

Risa_Omomo
6 months ago#4
I actually read in recent news that Bitcoin dropped down by 20-30% because some governments (countries) are considering banning them.

It dropped from $18,000, to around $12,000 per coin, so there's your hope for those who hate it. However, analysts are predicting that it will rise back again like any other currency. So I guess, if you want to invest in Bitcoin, invest now while it is still cheaper!

User Info: rildomein

rildomein
6 months ago#5
Yea, I have yet to hear about the Bitcoin "success stories".
[[[[[WATCH THE POWER]]]]
Youtube channel: joshlovaca

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
6 months ago#6
Issue is im not an economist, nor do i understand how it affects markets in any way. The only ones who do are ...actual economist or those who understand it.

They are the ones making all the talks, but I can bet my life they will say what they need to prior they make investments of their own then turn face.

Its just like black berry. I know a few people who invested so much into that company when it was going down and getting cheaper. its stocks were roughly around 5-7 dollars and going down. they took that opportunity to purchase as many as they could when the stocks were going down. There was a some talk that samsung planned to buy the company and the stocks went sraight up 18 bucks...from that news and then they all sold asap. Samsung clarified they had no intention of buying it and the stocks dropped.

This is what I feel is going on or going to happen with bitcoin... a lot of talk to fluctuate teh value and then poof. its either going up or down, but those who create the rumours or talks wins teh prize.

tinfoil hat off.
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
6 months ago#7
If you got lucky and bought early and sold early, then you would have made a lot of money.

But there were a lot of Koreans who lost money and you can see this... It's really sad for the people who lost money but I'm happy for the people who made some quick cash.

Business Insider Link regarding koreans losing all their life savings.
https://goo.gl/cixcRb
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
6 months ago#8
MasterFeeler posted...
If you got lucky and bought early and sold early, then you would have made a lot of money.

But there were a lot of Koreans who lost money and you can see this... It's really sad for the people who lost money but I'm happy for the people who made some quick cash.

Lol
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: strat10

strat10
6 months ago#9
LazyyAmerican posted...
Are average joes paying 6-8k in debt?

I fix it for you.

Far from it because they will have to pay taxes on short term capital gains. If your working at McDonalds do you remember paying you tax? Same thing with the average miner.

I don't think you will see some average miner have more than 4 GPUs and some may not even own high-end models.

Only the rich miners and the traders benefit.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
6 months ago#10
MasterFeeler posted...

That's why you don't invest all your money in a volatile currency/market hoping to 'get rich quick' - it's common sense.I do feel some sympathy for those people, but if they'd taken a moment to think critically before jumping on the hype train, they wouldn't have lost everything. I feel worse for the children of these people who now must suffer because their parents blinding lack of fiduciary sense.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So yea...cryptocurrency....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived