This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
6 months ago#71
clunky and bland
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: MaximumDonkey

MaximumDonkey
6 months ago#72
None of the romanceable girls even have penises.
Half man, 100% Donkey.
Cleared of almost all state and federal charges!

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
6 months ago#73
Dragon Nexus posted...
Rosencroitz posted...
This. The entitlement baffles me.

Especially with Dark Souls, since it's not even very difficult. Do these people want to just sleepwalk through the game?

And yet...including an easy mode would not change your ability to play the game one jot.

The only real result would be more people able to play the game and get enjoyment out of it.

The game is balanced for one difficulty, and as a result has a really satisfying experience. I don't want an easy mode for that reason. I don't care if people play games on easy, but that game has a specific appeal to it.

Honestly the only stupid reason to dislike a game is for judging it without playing it, like my friend did with Demon's Souls until he played it and he loved it. Even if you dislike something because it's popular, that may mean you want more games catered to you and you're correct for that viewpoint, a certain popular FPS wiped out health bars for a long time. Art style for me is a big deal, Fortnite looks unappealing to me. It's the same reason I never played Dark Cloud.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
6 months ago#74
Ultimately, people aren't required to like everything you like, dubious reasoning aside. That's life.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
6 months ago#75
Even if you dislike something because it's popular, that may mean you want more games catered to you

rofl
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
6 months ago#76
DivineWraith posted...
You opened the inventory with Esc.

Yup. Gave a friend the opportunity to play Terraria. He lasted until he tried to open the inventory by pressing a single random button, and it didn't open.

"What the hell? Why isn't the inventory opening?!"
"You gotta press Escape. It opens with escape."
"WHAT THE f***?! WHY DOES IT OPEN WITH ESCAPE?! NO GAME EVER OPENS A MENU WITH ESCAPE!"

His face turned red, he slammed his fists on the desk next to the keyboard, then leapt from the chair and stormed out of the room. It didn't get any better when he came back and I casually mentioned that you use escape to access a menu to quit most games, or go to options.

It was a special time.

Your friend has unresolved anger/mental issues. To get red in the face over a key binding is far from normal.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
6 months ago#77
Orestes417 posted...
And it wouldn't be the game the designers wanted to make.

But...that game still exists. It just also has an easy mode.
Don't go waving "But mah artistis vishun!" around as an excuse for exclusionary thinking.

I'd rather play the game for the lore and the story, seeing what the world has in store and all the different environments there are. I imagine most developers would be happier knowing someone managed to see all the stuff they put hard work into than to know 50% of them never could because of a skill barrier.

Again, no-one is saying "Let's make Dark Souls easier and screw anyone who likes it how it currently is". You lose literally nothing by having an easier mode.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
6 months ago#78
"No Steam, no buy".

or

"Unoptimised" because it won't run on their potato PC.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
6 months ago#79
Dragon Nexus posted...
Orestes417 posted...
And it wouldn't be the game the designers wanted to make.

But...that game still exists. It just also has an easy mode.
Don't go waving "But mah artistis vishun!" around as an excuse for exclusionary thinking.

I'd rather play the game for the lore and the story, seeing what the world has in store and all the different environments there are. I imagine most developers would be happier knowing someone managed to see all the stuff they put hard work into than to know 50% of them never could because of a skill barrier.

Again, no-one is saying "Let's make Dark Souls easier and screw anyone who likes it how it currently is". You lose literally nothing by having an easier mode.

It's not an excuse. They're not obligated to cater to everyone. If you're not one of the people they choose to cater to then it truly sucks to be you. That's the way they built it and yes it is absolutely their prerogative to do so.

And yes, you do lose something by having easier mode. You cheapen the experience for everyone who chooses to run through it on that easier mode. You dull the impact. They might not realize it, they might not care. Doesn't matter. It's still there. You also expend resources on detuning the game to account for it.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
6 months ago#80
Because they "tried playing it and didn't find it fun"... Pfffff, who needs fun, games are serious business!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived