This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
6 months ago#61
Rosencroitz posted...
This. The entitlement baffles me.

Especially with Dark Souls, since it's not even very difficult. Do these people want to just sleepwalk through the game?

And yet...including an easy mode would not change your ability to play the game one jot.

The only real result would be more people able to play the game and get enjoyment out of it.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
6 months ago#62
Dragon Nexus posted...
Rosencroitz posted...

Especially with Dark Souls, since it's not even very difficult. Do these people want to just sleepwalk through the game?

And yet...including an easy mode would not change your ability to play the game one jot.

The only real result would be more people able to play the game and get enjoyment out of it.

And it wouldn't be the game the designers wanted to make. They're deliberately saying "This game is not for everyone and that's fine" in the clearest way possible short of taking out a billboard with giant red letters. Respect that and play other games if you aren't willing to engage the experience on it's terms.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
6 months ago#63
Dragon Nexus posted...
Rosencroitz posted...

The entire appeal of Dark Souls is that there is only one way to play it, and the game is designed around that. Assuming you can flick a switch and make Dark Souls "easier" is missing the point. The game IS easy if you are good at it, and that's the achievement that it has made. The difficulty comes entirely from learning the game and not damage sponge enemies or knowing the RNG.

User Info: CraiCrushna

CraiCrushna
6 months ago#64
Denuvo

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
6 months ago#65
CraiCrushna posted...
Denuvo

That's a legitimate complaint.

Not that I've used it, but if a game is delayed like in the case of Sonic Mania, just to install Denuvo then f*** that s***. (I still bought it though)
Idiots voting for idiots.

User Info: TheOpposite

TheOpposite
6 months ago#66
The art style thing I think is a legitimate reason for not playing a game. I am hesitant to buy Okami because I think it's ugly. That doesn't mean it's a bad game though.

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
6 months ago#67
ClunkerSlim posted...
None. Disliking something is totally subjective and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
6 months ago#68
Looks like it was made in Current Year - 5.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
6 months ago#69
BaldursGate posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
None. Disliking something is totally subjective and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But what if your opinion is stupid?
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
6 months ago#70
FPS is a real fun one in some games. I got told I shouldn't pick up one of the Neptunia spinoffs because it was locked at 30FPS because that low-poly turn-based strategy RPG with mostly static anime portraits is really gonna suffer through framerate.

I'm also partial to any "well the game is bad because I have predefined notions about what it was supposed to be" complaints, usually phrased as "but it's not a REAL {series} installment." Battle Network's a prime example of this. Resident Evil 7, any new FF, etc.

Fighting game roster picks are great! Like it's one thing if your interest in a franchise's installment is cooled if a favorite character doesn't make it back, e.g. Blue Mary was one of my most regular KoF picks and I'm still waiting for her to come back, it's been awhile. Don't make the newer ones bad but I'd be a lot happier with 'em if my main was still around. It's a bit weird to argue Character X somehow "stole a spot" from Character Y, though. There are people who appear to believe the dude who makes Smash Brothers sat down and said "welp I could either include this guy from Fire Emblem or I can include this GameFAQs' user's favorite character, hmm."
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived