This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
7 months ago#41
The one that boggles my mind is when someone's reason for disliking a game is not correct in the first place.

Like if someone says, "I don't like <game> because you can't configure the controls".........when it's obvious and easy to configure the controls.

Sure, sometimes it's just someone trolling, but sometimes people are legitimately that stupid.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
7 months ago#42
Because characters are too pretty / attractive.
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
7 months ago#43
GoddessPerry_08 posted...
I've also heard someone saying they disliked Dark Souls because it's just hard to be hard

It is.

hates the art style

This is a generally weak reason, but I could understand someone not liking the super chunky pixels in something like Sword and Sworcery or rev.1 style polygons like in Superhot.

I'd say the dumbest argument is "It's too kiddy," when referring to a game that isn't an edutainment title for pre-schoolers.

User Info: bshwalker

bshwalker
7 months ago#44
“If the lead characters name is Wanda, I won’t buy this crap!!”
Literal quote from someone when news was coming in about Shadow of the Colossus and they announced the name of the main character for the Japanese version.
I’ve yet to hear a more stupid reason than that.
Being called nostalgic is a compliment. Thanks for noticing!
~C.O.I.~

User Info: AlleRacing

AlleRacing
7 months ago#45
"It didn't need to be made" in regards to Bioshock 2, it's not even a complaint, just a vapid statement. No s***, the first one didn't need to be made either. No game needed to be made.
http://i.imgur.com/6tJEBqH.jpg
http://steamsigmaker.de/new/AlleRacing.png

User Info: Lee7

Lee7
7 months ago#46
When people complain that game is only on uplay/origin/battle.net/windows store/etc and not on steam and thus refuses to buy/play it.
-Sense, this makes none-
-AMD Duron 650 @ 400 MHz / NVIDIA TITAN Xp / 2TB ram / 8MB HDD / Windows ME/ Some random PSU / Sony FW-900 24" CRT monitor-

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
7 months ago#47
@Shinkoden

Wanna play Dark Souls with less difficulty? Use Cheat Engine.

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
7 months ago#48
MarceloSampaio posted...
"I don't like the art style, so I'm not gonna play the game anymore... even though I liked everything else about the game."

Not liking a games artstyle is actually a very normal reason for not playing something.
Why in the hell would you play something that doesn't appeal to you visually?

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
7 months ago#49
kobalobasileus posted...
I've also heard someone saying they disliked Dark Souls because it's just hard to be hard

It is.

My answer to anyone who says that is, why would they put in the summon system that makes the game piss-easy if they just wanted it to be hard for the sake of hard? Wouldn't it be more like I Wanna Be The Guy and try to kill the player at every turn?

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
7 months ago#50
My cousin: "I won't play a game with top-down perspective".

Boom, there go all the diablo-likes, gauntlet-likes, mobas, rts, a good part of rpgs, tower defense games and more.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived