This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
1 month ago#121
KillerTruffle posted...

And for the record, I personally have not played Dark Souls, because I don't tend to have a ton of time to spend figuring out how it should be played

I actually have played Dark Souls and I can teach you how it it should be played in like three seconds:

You have limited attack and mobility options. Be careful. Dodge a lot.

Boom! You are now on your way to beating Dark Souls with a minimum of issues. It's a very simple game.

Rosencroitz posted...

...Obviously it wouldn't be for them either at that point? It isn't exactly rocket science.

Yeah but you and I both know none of those people are gonna go "sure okay, not for me, but I'm fine with its existence and I respect that the developers wanted to do this." They're gonna cry about it for months.

Because this whole "respecting the dev's design decision" isn't a real thing in this particular case. Folks just want something to thump their chests over.
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#122
Zohar_Metatron posted...
Yeah but you and I both know none of those people are gonna go "sure okay, not for me, but I'm fine with its existence and I respect that the developers wanted to do this." They're gonna cry about it for months.

Because this whole "respecting the dev's design decision" isn't a real thing in this particular case. Folks just want something to thump their chests over.

Uh... you literally in the very same post responded to me - someone who has straight up said "sure okay, not for me, but I'm fine with its existence and I respect that the developers wanted to do this." And I would have that exact same attitude if they made the next one a visual novel or something. That's what we're actually trying to say, and what the people crying about developers leaving out difficulty options don't seem to grasp. It's the people crying about the lack of options who seem unable to say it's not for them, but they respect the dev's choices.

It's fine if they dislike a game because it has no difficulty options, but to gripe about it, complain that you weren't "included," and so on? *That's* where it starts to get silly.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Zohar_Metatron

Zohar_Metatron
1 month ago#123
KillerTruffle posted...
Uh... you literally in the very same post responded to me - someone who has straight up said "sure okay, not for me, but I'm fine with its existence and I respect that the developers wanted to do this."

You also said you hadn't played the game, which sorta precludes you from being part of the fanbase I'm suggesting might be massive hypocrites who just wanna scream GIT GUD at people.
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#124
Zohar_Metatron posted...
You also said you hadn't played the game, which sorta precludes you from being part of the fanbase I'm suggesting might be massive hypocrites who just wanna scream GIT GUD at people.

You're right - I'm not part of the fanbase, but "fans" are also by definition less objective. The way you'd worded everything just seemed to give the implication that "the people defending the dev's discretion" (and I'm one of those) wouldn't be so quick to defend if the sequel was an entirely different genre. Someone who's a fan may not, but regardless, the concept still applies.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived