This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
6 months ago#101
Dragon Nexus posted...
Yeah, and know what happens to those restaurants? They get a rep of being stubborn and not customer centric and they take less business.

That must be why they're booked solid months in advance. Those s***ty restaurants! How dare they!
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
6 months ago#102
candlefighter posted...
@Shinkoden

Wanna play Dark Souls with less difficulty? Use Cheat Engine.

True, I actually watched a friend play through it using Cheat Engine. He basically made his character a really high level from the start and it was really enjoyable then.

User Info: Utinil

Utinil
6 months ago#103
KillerTruffle posted...

Dragon Nexus posted...
Yeah, and know what happens to those restaurants? They get a rep of being stubborn and not customer centric and they take less business.

I'm assuming you've never eaten at a truly "high-end," gourmet restaurant? Try going someplace like The French Laundry in Napa Valley, California, and making a substitution to one of the meal items. Most places will accommodate food allergies, and ask beforehand, but these are top-end chefs who create a very specific culinary experience, and they won't have Joe Blow coming in and deciding he'd rather have fries with his meal instead of roasted red potatoes or something. Some may make minor substitutions if it doesn't hurt the nuance they put into the dishes they create, but when you eat at those places, you're there to eat what they create. If you want substitutions galore and to eat what *you* want, cook at home or go to Burger King ("your way"). EDIT: And by the way - the restaurants that do this have no shortage of customers. They have waiting lists that stretch for literal months.

To add to this statement. I have worked in a high end restaurant, the chef refused to make many alterations because doing so would detract from the visual presentation of the dish. The dish would be seen by other customers, so a "ugly" dish could harm the overall ambiance and could result in lower sales. This is relevant because the same argument could be made for not including an easy mode into dark souls. The games have a reputation for being hard. Many people play the series originally because they hear how hard it is (without being unfair). If the games had an easy mode a lot of people would play that mode and the difficulty wouldn't be the first thing mentioned when people play the game. That lack of focus on difficulty would prevent a specific niche of people from giving the series a shot.

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
6 months ago#104
"This game is too easy because of some weapon/spell/etc. that's not available until the very end of the game and takes a bunch of grinding to acquire and/or make useful"
bloop

User Info: WaffIeElite

WaffIeElite
6 months ago#105
"It's too hard!"

Alien: Isolation is the best Alien game we have seen, and it didn't get great reviews because of crybabies who kept dying and wanted to be able to kill it like a regular shooter.

Baldurs Gate suffers, but not as badly for the same reason. It's funny remembering how rough it was my first time, and now I'm working on a No Reloads full run through the franchise with SCS, Ascension, and Improved [Everything].

World of Warcraft is probably the biggest shame and example of this, but at least we're finally getting Classic servers. Hopefully Blizzard doesn't f*** it up for the Tourists who want to piss around for a week, ignoring the diehard community who would stay for years.
I have a signature. Apparently this is important, but I still don't have my secret cool kid decoder ring yet.

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
6 months ago#106
PC reasons. Not enough transexual voice actors. too many white npcs being all white and stuff. chicken breasts shouldn't jiggle with such detail when link whops them with his sword nor should so many of them appear.

User Info: GundamMonX

GundamMonX
6 months ago#107
WaffIeElite posted...
"It's too hard!"

Alien: Isolation is the best Alien game we have seen, and it didn't get great reviews because of crybabies who kept dying and wanted to be able to kill it like a regular shooter.

Ah, good ol' IGN. Calling a game too hard...when they picked "Hard mode". The game does suffer from some backtracking issues, but complaining about hard mode being hard, it's like the guy doesn't even play videogames.

I will admit I go back to that terrible review every now and then, and even after 4 years, people are still making new comments on IGN about how awful that review is.
"If Keanu Reeves didn't look so non-Asian, he would never have made it into Hollywood."--LuminescentRule

User Info: kblaze13

kblaze13
6 months ago#108
just look at any xenosaga123 post when they are complaining about a game.

that's pretty much the perfect list of stupid reasons.

for those that haven't seen them it's.

Game is racist because it doesn't have a non white protag.
Game is sexist because it doesn't have a female protag.
Game is stupid because it doesn't have CaC.
Game is stupid even though I was just praising it a few hours ago because it's for a system I didn't want it on.
Iightningz posted...
I hate Lightning.

User Info: Lugoves

Lugoves
6 months ago#109
kblaze13 posted...
just look at any xenosaga123 post when they are complaining about a game.

that's pretty much the perfect list of stupid reasons.

for those that haven't seen them it's.

Game is racist because it doesn't have a non white protag.
Game is sexist because it doesn't have a female protag.
Game is stupid because it doesn't have CaC.
Game is stupid even though I was just praising it a few hours ago because it's for a system I didn't want it on.

Aaah, Xenosaga lol

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/674771-lingerie-football-league
My Collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/LUGOVES/games/owned?platform=0
http://backloggery.com/SwashBuccaneer

User Info: Critcal50

Critcal50
6 months ago#110
Rosencroitz posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Shinkoden posted...
GoddessPerry_08 posted...
I've also heard someone saying they disliked Dark Souls because it's just hard to be hard

This honestly is my main complaint about the game, it's a game that could have an easier mode but just refuses to have one. This leaves out a portion of casual gamers like myself usually, that just want to experience the game without the added challenge.

Not everything needs to cater to every possible user. Dark Souls selling point is the challenge, those who don't fit that profile need to take it as a clue that it's not intended for them.

This. The entitlement baffles me.

Especially with Dark Souls, since it's not even very difficult. Do these people want to just sleepwalk through the game?

People only think its hard because they want to run in swinging and slashing with little thought put in.

The game doesnt have combos, fancy attacks, or mass hordes of enemies for you to wipe out like Dynasty Warriors or God Of War.
Its a game where you engage different situations and figure out how you're going to attack.
You take away the difficulty, you dont even have a game anymore. The game is all about being difficult and challenging. But its only difficult if you dont pay attention, dont learn from your mistakes, and run in expecting to be a hack and slash.

The community doesnt want the company catering to the "casual gamer" because they dont want to see this game go in that direction. If they include an easy mode and it gets success, then whats next?

Go play something else if you dont like it.
EVGA GTX 970 SC | i5-6600k | Corsair 8 x 2 DDR4 | ASUS Z170A | NZXT Phantom 410
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The dumbest complaints you've heard for disliking a game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived