This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For those of you who were on the fence about SFV, it's now the game you want.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those of you who were on the fence about SFV, it's now the game you want.

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
1 month ago#1
I've really enjoyed this game because of the online, but they've now added a full story mode, arcade mode, team battles, and an extra battle mode for people that have been wanting more singleplayer focused content. The Arcade Edition also comes with all Season 1 & 2 characters.

Not trying to be Capcoms marketing team, but I wanted to let people know the game is definitely complete now. Would love to see this game become big on steam (even though it still has a healthy community due to crossplay)

One thing though that might upset some people is that there is another season pass for the characters for this year. They do it every year for $30. Doesn't bother me though because I put so much time into the game, but I can see what it would some.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
1 month ago#2
Well, the core gameplay is the still the worst out of all big SF titles, so it can kiss my f***ing ass. Capcom makes the worst fighting gameplay now.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
1 month ago#3
I'm one of the early adopters, so I had this game since release.

I always liked SF5's gameplay, actually. It's my second favorite SF (gameplay-wise), just behind SF3. But I never liked the fact that the single player content was so lacking. I rarely play online, and while local multiplayer is good, it happens less and less often (due to time constraints between me and my friends).

But I'm REALLY in love with this new arcade mode. The fact that you can choose the "eras" of Street Fighter and even get a different ending with each character for each era is just great. Some eras feel incomplete, like SF1 (since Sagat is missing), but this arcade mode is exactly what I was expecting out of this game.

Lastly, Sakura is an amazing character that is finally here. And she looks more "mature" this time. Now I'm eagerly waiting for my all-time favorite character in the SF franchise: Sagat.
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really? http://store.steampowered.com/app/585900/Harvest_Moon_Light_of_Hope/
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
1 month ago#4
no. capcom is a disgraceful company, still not making all the Shadowloo Dolls playable. they are among the most active antagonists in the SFV story, but other characters are added before them, wtf.

and now they have some kind of Neo Shadowloo, but they don't even invent Neo Shadowloo Dolls to add to the playable roster!!!

capcom doesn't deserve any money at all.

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
1 month ago#5
So people who bought this before got the Arcade Edition update for free???? Damn I should have bought on sale.

I only played SFV during that week last year when they were testing the servers or something. I actually liked the gameplay much better than SFIV.
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
1 month ago#6
omg! My favourite character Sakura finally out! I really like her new look. Really mature.

Now I regret not buying the game when it's on sales.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
1 month ago#7
Supremo posted...
So people who bought this before got the Arcade Edition update for free???? Damn I should have bought on sale.

I only played SFV during that week last year when they were testing the servers or something. I actually liked the gameplay much better than SFIV.

Yes, but you wouldn't get the d I c characters for free if you went that route.. So you'd still end up paying about the same or more if you wanted them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For those of you who were on the fence about SFV, it's now the game you want.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived