This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best controller for PC gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC gaming?

User Info: FireDrakeZ

FireDrakeZ
7 months ago#31
bikeblaster posted...
Best console to serve alongside PC is a PS4, so in return you get a DS4 to use.

But the XBOX controller works pretty much right out of the box, and is supported natively by pretty much any game that has controller support.

Best console to serve alongside a PC is an Xbox One or Xbox 360. I can always play PS3 or PS4 games on PSNow and PS2 games via emulators on my PC which you can't do with Xbox exclusives plus with back compatibility you get to play enhanced versions of previous generation games(360, etc.) on the Xbox One X for 4K gaming, just like we are used to on the PC.

Xbox 360 controllers, my preferred option are natively recognized by the PC and is available as wired or wireless and are much cheaper than Xbox One gamepads, although the D pad is bit better on Xbox One controllers.

Even the USNavy submarines plan to use them for periscope control.

https://pilotonline.com/news/military/local/the-u-s-navy-s-most-advanced-submarines-will-soon/article_5c24eefc-8e70-5c4a-9d82-00d29e052b76.html

I combine my Xbox 360 controller with a TFlight Hotas flight stick and throttle and a wheel and pedal setup to cover all the genres in gaming.

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
7 months ago#32
This has to be a troll post, right?

FireDrakeZ
7 months ago#33
GunmaN1905 posted...

What is that suppose to mean? I know you listed DS4 as your favorite controller. Unlike the Xbox gamepads which are immediately recognized by Windows 10, the DS4 requires third party add ons if you want to use it on a PC. The original post states that he didn't want to fiddle with third party programs just to make it playable on PC, so only the Xbox gamepads fit that description.

Aside from those, I enumerated the reasons why I think the Xbox consoles are better at being a companion console to a gaming PC. Why not list yours if you disagree?

User Info: gideond

gideond
7 months ago#34
Personally I agree with most of what you said, except for the XBONE being the better companion console for PC. I'd rather have a PS4 for that. Better selection of games I'd want to play and better selection of exclusives. You can't really expect MS to make a bunch of exclusives for their console and not also make most of them available for PC. Granted they are probably going to be Windows Store titles and no one wants to use that crap.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

FireDrakeZ
7 months ago#35
gideond posted...
Personally I agree with most of what you said, except for the XBONE being the better companion console for PC. I'd rather have a PS4 for that. Better selection of games I'd want to play and better selection of exclusives. You can't really expect MS to make a bunch of exclusives for their console and not also make most of them available for PC. Granted they are probably going to be Windows Store titles and no one wants to use that crap.

Apparently Microsoft just announced that they are planning to add a lot more exclusives down the road. They apparently even hired a new developer in the UK to make Fable 4, one of my favorite Xbox exclusive series of games from the Xbox 360 generation.

Sure the PS4 has more exclusives than Xbox One right now, but as a PC gamer I can always sign up with PSNow and play those games on my PC. The same can't be said for current exclusives on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One as well as future games on the Xbox One.

The PS4 unlike the Xbox One X, does not have native 4K HDR capability so it is kind of limited in what it can offer down the road once 4K gaming becomes more mainstream. It also does not have back compatibility so it cannot offer previous gen games with updated resolutions and enhanced features like the Xbox One could.

As a PC gamer I am used to playing older games in higher resolutions especially in 4K, so I would prefer consoles that have this capability as well and only the Xbox One consoles has this feature, especially since I have an extensive Xbox 360 library that I can now play at enhanced resolutions.

BTW, I only own the Xbox 360 at the moment, since I play mostly on PC and can get most of the newer Xbox One exclusives in the Windows store. I plan to get the Xbox One X down the road though when more exclusives become available, because of its native 4K HDR capability and to be able to play my extensive list of Xbox 360 games at enhanced resolutions on that console.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
7 months ago#36
When it comes to peripherals, hell most PC hardware, 'best' is subjective and based on many factors such as budget, use case, user phsyiology and preference. That being said, I'm sure you'll get more than a few suggestions in this thread.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
7 months ago#37
FireDrakeZ posted...
Best console to serve alongside a PC is an Xbox One

A good 90% or more of their exclusives are on PC.

They apparently even hired a new developer in the UK to make Fable 4, one of my favorite Xbox exclusive series of games from the Xbox 360 generation.

Fable 1 and 3 are on PC.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: gideond

gideond
7 months ago#38
FireDrakeZ posted...
gideond posted...

Apparently Microsoft just announced that they are planning to add a lot more exclusives down the road. They apparently even hired a new developer in the UK to make Fable 4, one of my favorite Xbox exclusive series of games from the Xbox 360 generation.

Sure the PS4 has more exclusives than Xbox One right now, but as a PC gamer I can always sign up with PSNow and play those games on my PC. The same can't be said for current exclusives on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One as well as future games on the Xbox One.

The PS4 unlike the Xbox One X, does not have native 4K HDR capability so it is kind of limited in what it can offer down the road once 4K gaming becomes more mainstream. It also does not have back compatibility so it cannot offer previous gen games with updated resolutions and enhanced features like the Xbox One could.

As a PC gamer I am used to playing older games in higher resolutions especially in 4K, so I would prefer consoles that have this capability as well and only the Xbox One consoles has this feature, especially since I have an extensive Xbox 360 library that I can now play at enhanced resolutions.

BTW, I only own the Xbox 360 at the moment, since I play mostly on PC and can get most of the newer Xbox One exclusives in the Windows store. I plan to get the Xbox One X down the road though when more exclusives become available, because of its native 4K HDR capability and to be able to play my extensive list of Xbox 360 games at enhanced resolutions on that console.

I guess exclusives are something we'll have to wait and see about. I tend to play long running RPGs the most, like 100s of hours for one game. A subscription service like PSNow is not a smart investment for me with these types of games.

As for native 4K HDR, I don't really care on that. I don't even have a 4K set, much less an HDR one. My 50" 1080 set is going strong and that isn't something I'm going to replace until I have to. Most TV I watch on it is streamed and I limit the bandwidth on that in case Comcast decides I need a data cap. Since I primarily PC game now a new panel in the living room is not going to be any sort of priority. So most of the feature difference hardwarewise between the consoles is moot for me.

By the time I replace the other hardware I'd need to take advantage of any of this we'll be two or three gens further along on the consoles. I currently only have PS2 and PS3 consoles myself and the exclusives I want on PS4 have still not convinced me it's worth actually buying one at this point. I guess it all depends on your individual needs.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
7 months ago#39
FireDrakeZ posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...

What is that suppose to mean?

You sound like one of those people desperately trying to sell something.
I didn't even mention that DS4 is better for everyone, I literally said it's personal preference.

Downloading a program, clicking next a couple of times, ticking the box which says "run at startup" isn't fiddling with anything, unless you're a top tier peasant.

Hell, PS button even works to bring up the big picture.

As for the rest of your posts, I'll say it again, you write as if you were paid by microsoft to promote their stuff.

FireDrakeZ
7 months ago#40
Not at all. I own only Xbox consoles aside from my PC, so naturally I would try to justify owning them. My reasons are quite logical though but if you feel otherwise feel free to rebut them. (-:

BTW, you sound like one of those people who can't debate in a rational matter, so they prefer calling those they disagree with as trolls if you ask me.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived