This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best controller for PC gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC gaming?

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
4 weeks ago#1
I got rid of my xbox 360 controller a while ago because I never used it on PC. I since then got a nes30pro from 8bitdo that I used extensivley on my phone and tablet. Works like a charm. But hten tried using it on my PC and I've had no success.

So I'm thinking about getting another 360 controller or possibly spending the extra money on an xbox one. Keep in mind his will be a wired controller. I really have no desire to be fiddling around with wireless and third part programs to get it to work, I'm a fan of the ease and simplicity of just plugging it in, and having the computer find everything it needs. The 360 controller was a dream when it came to this, is the xbox one wired controller just as easy?

User Info: gideond

gideond
4 weeks ago#2
Yeah the XBONE controller is pretty much plug and play as well. However, it uses a micro-USB cable and that sort of connection is not exactly robust on something you are going to be moving a lot while it's connected. Biggest complaint on these is how fragile the cable connection is. You can find the official wireless adapter pretty cheap on ebay sales from time to time. Newer models can also connect via Bluetooth, but the wireless adapter is better. I use Panasonic Eneloop batteries in mine and get about 24 hours of actual playtime out of them before needing to recharge. The nice thing is they are just AA batteries so you can keep a spare set charged at all times.
http://www.poppameth.com
http://darkling.poppameth.com

User Info: GunmaN1905

GunmaN1905
4 weeks ago#3
I use DS4.
Personal preference.
It's also plug and play after you install DS4windows.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#4
GunmaN1905 posted...
I use DS4.
Personal preference.
It's also plug and play after you install DS4windows.

Only crappy thing about it is I can't capture share images with the share button and Xbox button prompts. But ya DS4 is my go to gamepad since I can use it on PC, PS3, and PS4. DS3 on PS3 only gets used to get to the menus and such.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
4 weeks ago#5
TehPwnzerer posted...
xbox one wired controller

I believe, but am by no means sure, that any wired XB1 controller will be 3rd party. (and thus, quality may vary)

That being said, you can use a wireless XB1 controller as a wired controller by hooking it up via a micro-USB cable.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-Mahatma Gandhi

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
4 weeks ago#6
Best console to serve alongside PC is a PS4, so in return you get a DS4 to use.

But the XBOX controller works pretty much right out of the box, and is supported natively by pretty much any game that has controller support.

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
4 weeks ago#7
the elite comes with the needed cable for wired PC playing and i hear it's the best...but i'm not paying $150 for a controller to find out
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 weeks ago#8
I'm still waiting for someone to build the perfect PC controller:

Nintendo-style D-Pad.
Xbox-style Analog Sticks & Form Factor.
PS4-Style Shoulder Buttons & Layout.
Native support without need for 3rd party software.
Toggle between Xinput and Direct Input.
Works both Wired and Wirelessly, and can seamlessly switch between both modes.

Call me when someone makes a controller like that.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: lubmelubyou

lubmelubyou
4 weeks ago#9
I got the PowerA Xbox Fusion Wired Controller as a gift, you can change the thumbsticks to your preference which is nice and it's cheap. Plug and play on pc and I've had no issues.
My Channel for full playthroughs and other things gaming:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgb5tra_kTAbVU_Mb4XeuxQ

User Info: Paulo_Lopes

Paulo_Lopes
4 weeks ago#10
HeliosMagi posted...
I'm still waiting for someone to build the perfect PC controller:

Nintendo-style D-Pad.
Xbox-style Analog Sticks & Form Factor.
PS4-Style Shoulder Buttons & Layout.
Native support without need for 3rd party software.
Toggle between Xinput and Direct Input.
Works both Wired and Wirelessly, and can seamlessly switch between both modes.

Call me when someone makes a controller like that.

Add a gyro to your design that SteamController API can tap into and I'm sold.
"If it was up to us, we'd port all of our games to PC." - Platinum Games, makers of the famous Nintendo exclusive franchise: Bayonetta
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best controller for PC gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived