This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm a console gamer, but more than ever want to build a gaming PC.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm a console gamer, but more than ever want to build a gaming PC.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#21
celebar posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...
Right now is not the best time to build a gaming PC. CPU, GPU, and RAM prices are really high because of crypto-currency miners. Who knows when that will die down.

Holy s*** I didn't realize how bad it was. Those prices are insane.

RAM is hit the hardest, you can't avoid it at all. Any kind of solid state media really. GPU's if you get say a 1080 (non TI) then you can expect to pay MSRP although it is a few years old already. CPU's I find are hit the least.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Rolen47

Rolen47
6 months ago#22
Good luck finding a graphics card at a responsible price that is in stock for more than 30 seconds.

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
6 months ago#23
captsplatter_1 posted...
celebar posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...
Right now is not the best time to build a gaming PC. CPU, GPU, and RAM prices are really high because of crypto-currency miners. Who knows when that will die down.

RAM is hit the hardest, you can't avoid it at all. Any kind of solid state media really. GPU's if you get say a 1080 (non TI) then you can expect to pay MSRP although it is a few years old already. CPU's I find are hit the least.

I accidentally listed CPUs. My bad.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
6 months ago#24
RaTedRoGeR posted...
joining the mouse/keyboard action

You really don't want to do that.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
6 months ago#25
Use your console controller. I rarely play games I need a mouse and keyboard.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#26
pipebomb_phil posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
celebar posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

I accidentally listed CPUs. My bad.

Well I was wrong about the non Ti 1080s. All the cards are scalped or out of stock, unless you want a 1050 or something. The GPU prices should go down eventually since bitcoin took a nose dive, new generation of cards will soon release, and etc. RAM is another story. Cheapest 1080 I could fine was over a grand. And that's a non Ti too. Luckily I can ride it out and the 1080 should last me awhile.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#27
kobalobasileus posted...
RaTedRoGeR posted...
joining the mouse/keyboard action

You really don't want to do that.

Which is only needed for shooters and RTS games.

User Info: anonymous02135

anonymous02135
6 months ago#28
dont, if you enjoy controller on console, then you gonna find mouse and keyboard and messup mapping on pc s***ty.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm a console gamer, but more than ever want to build a gaming PC.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived