This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm a console gamer, but more than ever want to build a gaming PC.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm a console gamer, but more than ever want to build a gaming PC.

User Info: RaTedRoGeR

RaTedRoGeR
6 months ago#1
Im just curious about owning a elite gaming PC and joining the mouse/keyboard action.

Any tips, help, comments, insults?
If you can't at least admit that your competition deserves some respect then you do not deserve it yourself - christiankid7

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
6 months ago#2
The controller is the most affordable part.

User Info: Boge

Boge
6 months ago#3
It's quite a bit more expensive today than it was a few years ago.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
6 months ago#4
Right now is not the best time to build a gaming PC. CPU, GPU, and RAM prices are really high because of crypto-currency miners. Who knows when that will die down.

There are other temporary options like buying a pre-built gaming PC or a gaming laptop.

You can use the same controllers from your consoles on your PC assuming it's Xbox One and PS4 controllers. You need software for older controllers. But playing with kb/m isn't hard. You just have to learn to adjust to it.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: locksmithblack

locksmithblack
6 months ago#5
Be resourceful, pcpartpicker and logicalincrements are good places to start for builds. If you aren't sure about something ask or look up on Google. There's too much info out there for guessing. Especially for handling parts. I've you've never had any building experience and plan on doing that, watch videos.
Haters = Motivators

RaTedRoGeR
6 months ago#6
What price tag are we looking for 1080 or 4k and no less than 60fps build?
If you can't at least admit that your competition deserves some respect then you do not deserve it yourself - christiankid7

RaTedRoGeR
6 months ago#7
pipebomb_phil posted...
Right now is not the best time to build a gaming PC. CPU, GPU, and RAM prices are really high because of crypto-currency miners. Who knows when that will die down.

There are other temporary options like buying a pre-built gaming PC or a gaming laptop.

You can use the same controllers from your consoles on your PC assuming it's Xbox One and PS4 controllers. You need software for older controllers. But playing with kb/m isn't hard. You just have to learn to adjust to it.

Are pre builds good for the price?

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
6 months ago#8
RaTedRoGeR posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

Some people will say they're not because you don't know what parts they use in the pre-builds.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
6 months ago#9
RaTedRoGeR posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

sadly pre-builts for this very specific time are looking better than they ever have due to the price hikes for GPUs and RAM. the problem with a pre-built is you can get generic brand mobo's, RAM and a PSU that may actually harm your system with its poor quality build. they also tend to have ugly cases and cheap looking keyboard/mouse, but that's all to taste.

your average 1080p/60fps GPUs are running for $500 due to the cryptomining issue. you can imagine what its like for the 4k tier cards right now.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

RaTedRoGeR
6 months ago#10
yohabroha posted...
RaTedRoGeR posted...
pipebomb_phil posted...

sadly pre-builts for this very specific time are looking better than they ever have due to the price hikes for GPUs and RAM. the problem with a pre-built is you can get generic brand mobo's, RAM and a PSU that may actually harm your system with its poor quality build. they also tend to have ugly cases and cheap looking keyboard/mouse, but that's all to taste.

your average 1080p/60fps GPUs are running for $500 due to the cryptomining issue. you can imagine what its like for the 4k tier cards right now.

What pre-built PC would you recommend?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm a console gamer, but more than ever want to build a gaming PC.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived