This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PUBG cheat makers are facing up to 5 years in prison

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG cheat makers are facing up to 5 years in prison

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#21
11 years is the max he can get, for just the main charge. where the hell is everyone getting 3?

Second of all, he hasn't been given a sentence yet, so we won't know who gets hit harder.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42689417
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/01/suspect-in-deadly-kansas-swatting-hoax-charged-with-manslaughter/
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#22
dennis941012 posted...
BrokenMachine85 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
And how many years did the one guy get for Swatting the one dude witch lead to his death? Honestly don't jail the cheat makers, just ban them from all online games and have them pay a hefty fine and I do mean hefty. Otherwise we are paying taxes for them to be put in jail.

100% Agree.

you don't have to pay tax on them if they go to chinese prison and die before their years are up :^

Wouldn't surprise me if they execute them. Capital Punishment is huge in China.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
1 month ago#23
yohabroha posted...
11 years is the max he can get, for just the main charge. where the hell is everyone getting 3?

No, that's for all the charges not just the main charge. As both the articles you linked yourself clearly said.

Court records show that in addition to the manslaughter charge, Kansas officials have charged Barriss with giving a false alarm and interference with law enforcement. The Kansas prosecutor in charge of the case told the Los Angeles Times that Barriss could face more than 11 years in prison if convicted of these charges.

Charges. Plural.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#24
Edavy89 posted...
yohabroha posted...

No, that's for all the charges not just the main charge. As both the articles you linked yourself clearly said.

Court records show that in addition to the manslaughter charge, Kansas officials have charged Barriss with giving a false alarm and interference with law enforcement. The Kansas prosecutor in charge of the case told the Los Angeles Times that Barriss could face more than 11 years in prison if convicted of these charges.

Charges. Plural.

welp im not gonna sit here and attempt to convince people on the internet i forgot an s, but considering my post makes zero sense without it, i'll let you all commence on meme'ing me to death
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

Edavy89
1 month ago#25
yohabroha posted...
welp im not gonna sit here and attempt to convince people on the internet i forgot an s, but considering my post makes zero sense without it, i'll let you all commence on meme'ing me to death

There is the main charge, and then the additional charges. So, technically your post makes perfect sense without it.

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
1 month ago#26
Orestes417 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
And how many years did the one guy get for Swatting the one dude witch lead to his death?

Three lol

You mean none as of yet. Trials don't happen that fast kids. And three is the max he could get for involuntary manslaughter. It's possible there could be other lesser charges thrown in.

Cheating in vidya gaems nets more years than involuntary manslaughter. That's what you're missing out on lol.

You might as well bring out the capital punishment for peeking at someone's answers on a math test.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

Edavy89
1 month ago#27
Sir_Haxor posted...
Cheating in vidya gaems nets more years than involuntary manslaughter. That's what you're missing out on lol.

You might as well bring out the capital punishment for peeking at someone's answers on a math test.

Its not really comparable though, as the same swatting case in china would likely have a much more severe punishment as well.

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#28
Edavy89 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

Its not really comparable though, as the same swatting case in china would likely have a much more severe punishment as well.

Dude who sent the swat would have been executed. If it lead to someone's death. Then again you can't carry a gun, so the cops would be less likely to fire.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#29
That's nothing. Try getting caught with chewing gum in Singapore.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#30
Orestes417 posted...
That's nothing. Try getting caught with chewing gum in Singapore.

Isn't it like 20 years or something? That's second charge I think. First charge is like a $10,000 fine. Also I hate them too. People spit them on the ground and it gets on your shoe, annoying as hell. No wonder they banned it. Walt Disney Land/World also banned them for the same reason.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG cheat makers are facing up to 5 years in prison

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived