This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is pubg so popular?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is pubg so popular?

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
3 months ago#51
It seems like China made it popular (who knows why), and then other people bought it just because they assumed a game with that many players must be good.
bloop

User Info: giglamesh99

giglamesh99
3 months ago#52
Gamerlicious posted...
It's a blast to play with friends on squads.
It's appealing to all skill levels. You can play super aggressive, or land at the edge of the map and loot in peace. Every game plays a little different. And you don't respawn, so every kill you get feels rewarding. Like when I kill someone in Overwatch, I don't think much of it. They're just going to respawn in a few seconds. You kill someone in PUBG, you get their loot, and they're done. They have to start a whole new game.
Yes, the game has many flaws, but it's very fun and accessible overall. So it appeals to a wide variety of people.

Fair enough. In a nutshell, that sounds appealing. It's just whenever I saw it in action, nothing was happening. Maybe every time I tuned in, it was towards the end of the match

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 months ago#53
The_Undying_84 posted...
It seems like China made it popular (who knows why), and then other people bought it just because they assumed a game with that many players must be good.

Game was doing fine before the China boom, don’t know why you’re this upset
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 months ago#54
yohabroha posted...
The_Undying_84 posted...

Game was doing fine before the China boom, don’t know why you’re this upset

Yeah, I'm also surprised by all the menitons of China. I remember when PUBG was being released to the public in Early Access and there were lots of people already excited about it. What, did China phone or email each individually to promise them candy for getting the game or something? In which case, damn, they've missed me!
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
3 months ago#55
Terantatek posted...
Because it's fun.

This mainly.

All issues aside, this game is quite fun. Every new round is different. It can go from 0 to 100 really fast. Hell, even the parachute jump can be quite fun, if you see someone going for the same spot as you are.

On top of that, the game is accessible for a huge range of players. While skill is important, even if you aren't a high level CS:GO player (like myself) you csn still win games.
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 months ago#56
Nazanir posted...
While skill is important, even if you aren't a high level CS:GO player (like myself) you csn still win games.

how?
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is pubg so popular?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived