This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is pubg so popular?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is pubg so popular?

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 months ago#41
Dragon Nexus posted...
Knighted Dragon posted...
I don't get it either TBH. Me and my friends played it for weeks, but it's just so meh. Crappy mechanics and graphics that look like it's still in Alpha, SO many bugs, so many cheaters.

I don't get the rabid fanbase it gathered

I don't get the love for PUBG, but I can understand a passion for the gameplay type.
I just don't know why you'd build a game just for that. It's like having a game that's capture the flag and nothing else.

Battle royale and zombie mode is all you need for PUBG.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 months ago#42
1. The hot/"new"/viral thing.

2. The concept of being dropped on an island and trying to survive is cool.

3. Somewhat unique pacing and having one life per match injects excitement. I said this back when Mario Kart got rid of balloons and was just a point battle - having no meaningful consequences to dying sucks all the emotion and excitement out of the game.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: Somato

Somato
3 months ago#43
Why is pubg so popular?

Never played it,
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: tslu

tslu
3 months ago#44
china anything that blows up in china puts up ridiculous numbers.

lootbox gambling and trading

big streamers (tho recently i notice fortnite on top a lot more)

half decent game.

once tencent's version comes out (if its not on steam) in china the numbers will drop a lot and may be more in line with csgo/dota. Also some youtubers and media sites are starting to catch onto the whole steam market gambling thing so something may happen happen if there is enough outrage like the who star wars thing.

User Info: Kenny_Mayne

Kenny_Mayne
3 months ago#45
Because humanity was a mistake
I am Seattle. Not changing sig until they move the seahawks, mariners, sounders to Oklahoma City

User Info: Gamerlicious

Gamerlicious
3 months ago#46
It's a blast to play with friends on squads.
It's appealing to all skill levels. You can play super aggressive, or land at the edge of the map and loot in peace. Every game plays a little different. And you don't respawn, so every kill you get feels rewarding. Like when I kill someone in Overwatch, I don't think much of it. They're just going to respawn in a few seconds. You kill someone in PUBG, you get their loot, and they're done. They have to start a whole new game.
Yes, the game has many flaws, but it's very fun and accessible overall. So it appeals to a wide variety of people.
=D

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 months ago#47
Because it takes the PvP aspect of large open world survival games (like DayZ for example) and distills all the action and looting you might see in a single multiple hour play session down into less than 30 minutes.
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-Mahatma Gandhi

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
3 months ago#48
It's a fad.

User Info: tslu

tslu
3 months ago#49
Gamerlicious posted...
It's a blast to play with friends on squads.
It's appealing to all skill levels. You can play super aggressive, or land at the edge of the map and loot in peace. Every game plays a little different. And you don't respawn, so every kill you get feels rewarding. Like when I kill someone in Overwatch, I don't think much of it. They're just going to respawn in a few seconds. You kill someone in PUBG, you get their loot, and they're done. They have to start a whole new game.
Yes, the game has many flaws, but it's very fun and accessible overall. So it appeals to a wide variety of people.

-5xad0w- posted...
Because it takes the PvP aspect of large open world survival games (like DayZ for example) and distills all the action and looting you might see in a single multiple hour play session down into less than 30 minutes.

those are reasons why BR genre is popular..

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 months ago#50
Because influencer marketing works.
Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI B350 Tomahawk | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync
Nintendo Switch
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is pubg so popular?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived