This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is pubg so popular?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is pubg so popular?

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
6 months ago#31
pothocket posted...
DivineWraith posted...
Plenty of reasons added together.

My favorite is, it's easy as s*** to make money on the Steam market with this game, which was made even easier with the last patch.

And people try telling me lootboxes aren't gambling....

i don't really know if it being gambling or not even applies to what he's saying.

you earn BP from every round, spend that BP on lootboxes, sell the contents or the lootbox itself for money. he gambled no money on the game (unless you count the price of the game as gambling, but you'd have to be someone like pothocket to argue that) and the game gave him an item that the market determined there was value for.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
6 months ago#32
i would guess it's because there's constant small victories to feel good about and that keeps people playing
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: GoddessPerry_08

GoddessPerry_08
6 months ago#33
Fortnite is honestly superior in every way and it's free
Goddess Perry has slain Demonburger!!

User Info: giglamesh99

giglamesh99
6 months ago#34
vlado_e posted...
Is this topic a "I want to complain but say 'I don't understand' because I can't figure out how to word it otherwise" or "I am unable to comprehend"? Because if it's the former, then OK, I guess. If it's the latter then...are you REALLY unable to comprehend or are you exaggerating? Because I don't think it's hard to understand why something is popular. You may not like it yourself but that shouldn't put it beyond the ability to reason about it at all.

From what I've seen of it, I can't understand what attracted so many people to it. It looks clunky and old and not a lot of action happening

User Info: giglamesh99

giglamesh99
6 months ago#35
pothocket posted...
Nah, I see this more as a "I don't own an xbox or pc so I can't play the hottest game in the world right now and I need to reassure myself that it's nothing special" type topic

I have a pc, ps4, and switch. I've seen the game played on twitch and every time I tune in hoping to see something, it's just a dude running endlessly

User Info: pipebomb_phil

pipebomb_phil
6 months ago#36
I haven't played it yet, but it's on my list of games to buy and play. Never played a Battle Royale game.
#pipebomb_phil
http://i.imgur.com/atWQoAs.gif

User Info: OrgeLambart

OrgeLambart
6 months ago#37
because hackers have to continually rebuy accounts when they get banned? Game is overrun with hackers..

Aside from that it's a pretty neat idea, 100 people, 1 survivor.. lots of weapons, and vehicles ..
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart

User Info: OrgeLambart

OrgeLambart
6 months ago#38
giglamesh99 posted...
pothocket posted...
Nah, I see this more as a "I don't own an xbox or pc so I can't play the hottest game in the world right now and I need to reassure myself that it's nothing special" type topic

I have a pc, ps4, and switch. I've seen the game played on twitch and every time I tune in hoping to see something, it's just a dude running endlessly

that's pretty much it in a nutshell.. then getting killed by hacker mchackington and his hacks..
Xboxlive - Orge Lambart , Steam ID - Orge Lambart, PSN - Orgelambart

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
6 months ago#39
OrgeLambart posted...
because hackers have to continually rebuy accounts when they get banned? Game is overrun with hackers..

Aside from that it's a pretty neat idea, 100 people, 1 survivor.. lots of weapons, and vehicles ..

That makes zero sense in terms of its active player base though, if a hacker gets banned and doesn’t rebuy, it’s a loss of players. If a hacker gets banned and rebuys, it’s not a net gain. Rebuying the game would contribute to the total sales, but lasting popularity will be determined by active player base.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
6 months ago#40
Knighted Dragon posted...
I don't get it either TBH. Me and my friends played it for weeks, but it's just so meh. Crappy mechanics and graphics that look like it's still in Alpha, SO many bugs, so many cheaters.

I don't get the rabid fanbase it gathered

I don't get the love for PUBG, but I can understand a passion for the gameplay type.
I just don't know why you'd build a game just for that. It's like having a game that's capture the flag and nothing else.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is pubg so popular?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived