This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is pubg so popular?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is pubg so popular?

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
1 month ago#21
Because streamers say it's popular really. That and China. I can't really figure it out myself, just seems boring. Guess some may get the adrenaline rush from the game or some such, but there's really nothing surprising that happens in the game from what I've seen.

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
1 month ago#22
People here hate a lot on the game, but I think there is a reason it is so popular. Battle Royal is fun to play, simple as that. I think the main problem people make is that they lone wolf it and conclude it is boring. This is a game that is fun to play with friends. The game is not incredible, but the basic premise (you and a couple of friends on some island survive against around a 100 other players) is entertaining enough to carry it to this level of success.
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#23
Edavy89 posted...
vlado_e posted...
Edavy89 posted...
He didn't say that, your entire post is stupidly pointless.

Didn't say what? I asked a question here. The "I can't understand" topics usually boil down to those two options and especially if it's about a popular game. So, which one is OP being.

Neither, at no point did he ever say he couldn't understand anything. It isn't an "I can't understand" topic. learn to read.

OK, so TC looked at the game, understood why it was popular and is now asking why it is popular. Perfect, thanks for clearing this. Now, can you explain how that makes any sense at all?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: swatkiller546

swatkiller546
1 month ago#24
Darkanagar posted...
Because people love hanging out at their local pub and getting some G.
"A shootout is a shootout! Like a Western."

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
1 month ago#25
I will never understand why people ask why something is popular.

There is NO ANSWER WHATSOEVER that can be given which will make you think inside "Oh thanks now I understand why people love it!"

If you yourself can't see why something is popular, then no amount of explaining is going to change how your mind views it. You flat out said it looks "incredibly bland and boring." So what amount of explanation could someone possibly do to change your mind? The answer is none.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#26
xenosaga123 posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Lugoves posted...
China.

Which should be region locked away from the rest of the world. All the hackers are coming from there apparently.

that is racist. not all chinese are hackers.

even in H1Z1 a westerner can dominate in asia server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZWiSzUBgq0

@xenosaga123
sup xenos***, yeah this isn't racist, also way to point to different game for your counterpoint
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
1 month ago#27
Because it's an easy game to learn, very casual-friendly and VERY competitive.

The premise behind it is simple: you land on a map and try to survive, while the other players are doing the same. Eventually, everyone will die except for one (hopefully you).

Simple, right? This kind of simplicity makes games more popular. Everyone can jump in without having to think too much. But this simplicity also means the more you play, the better you'll be in the game, so you play it again and again, trying to memorize the map and getting better at detecting your "enemies". So anyone can play it, and the more you do it, the better you'll be.

That makes the game popular. Does this means the game is objectively good? NO. I dislike it, in fact. But I don't even have to play it to know WHY it's popular.
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really? http://store.steampowered.com/app/585900/Harvest_Moon_Light_of_Hope/
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#28
i wouldn't necessarily say its VERY competitive. there's no guarantee that your strategy or skills will pan out whatsoever. good with a Kar98k from range with an 8x scope? welp you've made it to the final circle where even a 4x scope is too much and your target will kill you if you miss one shot. scrambling for your life to get into the circle but now you're in an open field? well, the new circle just shifted towards you and you now control the perimeter against the last 3 guys.

there are times where you will be in equal positioning with similar loot as your enemy, but end game can be pure luck a lot of the time. i think casual strategy plays well early on (decide to use your skills and hit cities or play it safe and loot), but the time where it actually can get competitive is the middle slog of the game. after that you can do everything right and still get hosed in the final 5 minutes.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
1 month ago#29
Plenty of reasons added together.

My favorite is, it's easy as s*** to make money on the Steam market with this game, which was made even easier with the last patch.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#30
DivineWraith posted...
Plenty of reasons added together.

My favorite is, it's easy as s*** to make money on the Steam market with this game, which was made even easier with the last patch.

And people try telling me lootboxes aren't gambling....
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is pubg so popular?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived