This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, geforce drivers are terrible

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, geforce drivers are terrible

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#21
Rolen47 posted...
32x2z posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
32x2z posted...
The only issue I'm having with my drivers is that I can't play one of my games in full screen anymore, it's only borderless and and windowed. I'm using 390.65 with an EVGA 1050ti overclocked. Other then that my games have been running pretty solid honestly. I never have driver issues except when I was using Xfire 7850's for 4k in 7/2014, that was a nightmare.

I don't have a gsync monitor though for what it's worth.

Gsync is so good. Stupid ass premuim though. At least my monitor is a 3 year warranty.

Do they really cost 300 on average? I wasn't big on Nvidia and only read a few articles about gsync, but all it does is reduce tearing right? Does it improve framerates or something? Right now I'm just looking at a 1080p ips monitor but if gsync is worth it, I may consider it.

Here's a really good video that explains the differences between Fast Sync, G-Sync and V-Sync.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L07t_mY2LEU

Any option is to reduce screen tearing, however each one has a different amount of input lag (the amount of time for your actions to be visible on screen).

In summary:
G-Sync has the least amount of input lag.
Fast Sync has some amount of input lag but has some noticeable micro-stutters that may be annoying.
V-Sync has the most amount input lag.

G-Sync pretty much gives you the V-Sync of the no screen tearing, but the input lag of no V-Sync. There is still input lag, but the difference is something I can handle easily. Stuttering typically doesn't happen either with G-Sync. That's if its optimized the game. Your framerate is always going to bounce, so G-Sync is very important to regulate that. I tried locking my fps to 60, but found it be much better to let the GPU run how fast it wants and let the G-Sync handle it. V-Sync does work fine though when using a gamepad however.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 months ago#22
captsplatter_1 posted...
but the input lag of no V-Sync. There is still input lag,

No vsync = no added input lag (from syncing operations), so if it's adding ANY input lag, it's worse than playing with no vsync in that regard.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 months ago#23
JKatarn posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
but the input lag of no V-Sync. There is still input lag,

No vsync = no added input lag (from syncing operations), so if it's adding ANY input lag, it's worse than playing with no vsync in that regard.

There's input lag from the sync, but there's also input lag from waiting for the display. Vsync off can actually, in some cases, lag more than Gsync.

imo, the consistency of Gsync makes it better than vsync off if you're near your display's refreshrate.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, geforce drivers are terrible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived