This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, geforce drivers are terrible

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, geforce drivers are terrible

User Info: Fony

Fony
7 months ago#11
The last few have been really s***...my driver crashes in games often and Gsync is messed up.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
7 months ago#12
The only issue I'm having with my drivers is that I can't play one of my games in full screen anymore, it's only borderless and and windowed. I'm using 390.65 with an EVGA 1050ti overclocked. Other then that my games have been running pretty solid honestly. I never have driver issues except when I was using Xfire 7850's for 4k in 7/2014, that was a nightmare.

I don't have a gsync monitor though for what it's worth.
AMD 8300 4.2ghz-8gb DDR3 1600-1050Ti 4GB-128gb SSD-2.5TB storage-40" 1080P 120hz.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
7 months ago#13
Fony posted...
The last few have been really s***...my driver crashes in games often and Gsync is messed up.

Your GPU overclocked, could be that.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

captsplatter_1
7 months ago#14
32x2z posted...
The only issue I'm having with my drivers is that I can't play one of my games in full screen anymore, it's only borderless and and windowed. I'm using 390.65 with an EVGA 1050ti overclocked. Other then that my games have been running pretty solid honestly. I never have driver issues except when I was using Xfire 7850's for 4k in 7/2014, that was a nightmare.

Gsync is so good. Stupid ass premuim though. At least my monitor is a 3 year warranty.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Fony

Fony
7 months ago#15
captsplatter_1 posted...
Fony posted...

It's stock settings.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

captsplatter_1
7 months ago#16
Fony posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Fony posted...

It's stock settings.

I brought it down when I found out it kept crashing Subnautica. Ok its overclocked but its kind of redundent since its set as easy OC. Hardly a difference.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
7 months ago#17
Fony posted...

Yup! I'm on r384 because I was getting constant TDR errors regardless of what I was doing. Sometimes, the driver couldn't recover properly, too, and the system, would require a restart to stop artifacting.
r384 is mostly fine except issues with Gsync, nvcp lockups, and possibly some issues with firefox.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: 32x2z

32x2z
7 months ago#18
captsplatter_1 posted...
32x2z posted...

Gsync is so good. Stupid ass premuim though. At least my monitor is a 3 year warranty.

Do they really cost 300 on average? I wasn't big on Nvidia and only read a few articles about gsync, but all it does is reduce tearing right? Does it improve framerates or something? Right now I'm just looking at a 1080p ips monitor but if gsync is worth it, I may consider it.
AMD 8300 4.2ghz-8gb DDR3 1600-1050Ti 4GB-128gb SSD-2.5TB storage-40" 1080P 120hz.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
7 months ago#19
If you have a GeForce card and play games in FullScreen mode, it eliminates tearing and input lag and mitigates or eliminates some types of stutter.
afaik, Gsync displays typically have better binned panels but ymmv. They cost anywhere from $50 to $300 more than freesync equivalents, typically more for higher end displays, so it's not just a flat cost added to the monitor.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Rolen47

Rolen47
7 months ago#20
32x2z posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
32x2z posted...

Do they really cost 300 on average? I wasn't big on Nvidia and only read a few articles about gsync, but all it does is reduce tearing right? Does it improve framerates or something? Right now I'm just looking at a 1080p ips monitor but if gsync is worth it, I may consider it.

Here's a really good video that explains the differences between Fast Sync, G-Sync and V-Sync.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L07t_mY2LEU

Any option is to reduce screen tearing, however each one has a different amount of input lag (the amount of time for your actions to be visible on screen).

In summary:
G-Sync has the least amount of input lag.
Fast Sync has some amount of input lag but has some noticeable micro-stutters that may be annoying.
V-Sync has the most amount input lag.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, geforce drivers are terrible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived