This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wow, geforce drivers are terrible

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, geforce drivers are terrible

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#1
How long has windowed Gsync been artifacting for? And nvcp locks up frequently when creating custom resolutions, or sometimes after closing. Plus, the latest version crashes constantly.
Yuck. I think AMD has better drivers now.
It doesn't even use the right GPU for games anymore, it just picks whatever the display is plugged into. What a mess.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
1 month ago#2
Windowed and full screen gsync has worked perfectly for me, never had any issues.

To be fair, you're just gonna switch to AMD and complain about the same thing.

They're both s***. I may not have problems with gsync, but have issues with other stuff, especially their f***ing problems with clock speeds with multi monitors.

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
1 month ago#3
bikeblaster posted...
Windowed and full screen gsync has worked perfectly for me, never had any issues.

To be fair, you're just gonna switch to AMD and complain about the same thing.

They're both s***. I may not have problems with gsync, but have issues with other stuff, especially their f***ing problems with clock speeds with multi monitors.

Oh yes that multi monitor issue is so annoying. It stopped happening for be randomly though hope it never happens again

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#4
It depends on how fast the card can switch memory speeds. I had it on Fermi with 2 displays, one being high refresh, and then I didn't have it on Kepler until I used 3 displays at the same time. On Pascal, I haven't seen it so far.
For Windowed Gsync, it's a known problem, and a real pisser. It shows up and then doesn't go away, but when it shows up is anyone's guess. Windowed Gsync worked fine and then I tried playing Grid and it stopped working right for anything, constantly showing windows behind the game window, or the desktop background, or other kinds of jank. Wouldn't go away no matter what I tried until I plugged it into another GPU, and then it was fine. Plugged it back into my 1060, and it's been fine again so far. Who knows when it'll jank out again, though?
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/939358/geforce-1000-series/gtx-1080-flickering-issue/1/

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#5
Works fine when the game is optimized for it. At the very least the input lag is at a minimum.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#6
Uh, what? What even is gsync optimized? 'cuz I'm not seeing anything.

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
1 month ago#7
AMD's drivers arent any better but their "control panel" equivalent definitely is IMO

changing any setting in the Nvidia control panel seems to lock it up for a bit and it occasionally crashes during the 5-10 seconds it takes to "unfreeze". Worst problem I've had with AMD's was showing ads on the installer or occasionally settings in the control panel not applying to games correctly.
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#8
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Doom is a good example, even when framerate bounces around, input lag is almost non existent. And ya no screen tearing too (God I hate screen tearing) thanks to Gsync.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#9
captsplatter_1 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Doom is a good example, even when framerate bounces around, input lag is almost non existent. And ya no screen tearing too (God I hate screen tearing) thanks to Gsync.

That's just what Gsync does, though. For any DX software.
The issue is Gsync in Windowed mode is unstable, and I'm not the only one having that issue clearly.

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
1 month ago#10
I have AMD stuff and they suck too but it's what we have and no, we can't do much unless you can come up with better technology.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wow, geforce drivers are terrible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived