This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Isn't Fortnite supposed to be some F2P game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Isn't Fortnite supposed to be some F2P game?

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
7 months ago#21
MarceloSampaio posted...
Yeah, some no-name companies like to avoid Steam entirely sometimes.

Shame, really, since the games that aren't on Steam are usually not very well known and sell very poorly.

In the case of Fortnite, it did sell very poorly and was on the brink of death. Had the BR mode not saved it, the game would have been a huge flop.

Without the BR mode you can bet your ass that the game would have been on Steam after it launched out of early access.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: jimm120

jimm120
7 months ago#22
Somato posted...
I've always wondered what people typed into google when they say they couldn't find something on google.

Like what the f*** did you type to not get the official fortnite website as the first result?

I typed in Fortnite f2p.

got a ton of articles all stating that the game WILL be f2p but isn't now. though you could purchase some kind of pack to play in the "pre-season".

But no recent articles stating that you could, in fact, play the game.
Perhaps a one sided CTF in Overwatch? 1 team captures the "flag" X times. Then flip roles
5820k @3.3hgz // 16gb ddr4 3000 // Radeon 390x 8gb DEVIL

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
7 months ago#23
jimm120 posted...
Somato posted...
I've always wondered what people typed into google when they say they couldn't find something on google.

Like what the f*** did you type to not get the official fortnite website as the first result?

I typed in Fortnite f2p.

got a ton of articles all stating that the game WILL be f2p but isn't now. though you could purchase some kind of pack to play in the "pre-season".

I explained it in my first post. The Battle Royale Mode(not the main "game", but a multiplayer PVP mode) is free to play, but "Fortnite" itself is not free yet. If you were looking to play Fortnite(as in the game advertised simply as Fortnite) for free you need to wait till alittle later this year.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: jimm120

jimm120
7 months ago#24
GeminiX7 posted...
jimm120 posted...
Somato posted...

I typed in Fortnite f2p.

I explained it in my first post. The Battle Royale Mode(not the main "game", but a multiplayer PVP mode) is free to play, but "Fortnite" itself is not free yet. If you were looking to play Fortnite(as in the game advertised simply as Fortnite) for free you need to wait till alittle later this year.

IMO, I think everyone knows that "fortnite" is just whatever this new craze is on battle royal games. And when someone references fortnite, it is about that.
Perhaps a one sided CTF in Overwatch? 1 team captures the "flag" X times. Then flip roles
5820k @3.3hgz // 16gb ddr4 3000 // Radeon 390x 8gb DEVIL

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
7 months ago#25
jimm120 posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
jimm120 posted...
Somato posted...

I typed in Fortnite f2p.

IMO, I think everyone knows that "fortnite" is just whatever this new craze is on battle royal games. And when someone references fortnite, it is about that.

Your opinion is wrong though. Fortnite is a PvE game. with a free PvP mode.

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
6 months ago#26
WHAT lS THIS TOPlC
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
6 months ago#27
jimm120 posted...

Fortnite didn't even *have* a battle royale mode until well after it was released.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Somato

Somato
6 months ago#28
jimm120 posted...
Somato posted...

I typed in Fortnite f2p.

ok fair enough. i just typed "fortnite f2p" into google and yeah i got a bunch or stories about the game, not the official site.

but seriously dude, after that your instinct was to come here instead of just trying "fortnite" in google?
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard
Osiris Sky Dragon 6 months ago#29
Refer to sig
"Welcome to brain damage"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Isn't Fortnite supposed to be some F2P game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived