This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Isn't Fortnite supposed to be some F2P game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Isn't Fortnite supposed to be some F2P game?

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
3 months ago#11
Orestes417 posted...
"if it's not on steam it doesn't exist" brain damage
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
You're a regular Jack Kerouac

User Info: CraiCrushna

CraiCrushna
3 months ago#12
It's on Epic's installer. Same one for their other MMO esque games and the Unreal Engine 4.

User Info: Somato

Somato
3 months ago#13
The battle royal mode is free and available to download. The main Fortnite game isn't free but no one plays that anyways lol.

Neither are on Steam. Need to get the "Epic" client and download it from there.

Is it a difficult life living in a country that has banned google?
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
3 months ago#14
Fortnite is an Epic Games Launcher exclusive.

The entire thing is supposed to become F2P in a couple months, so definitely don't pay for it.

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
3 months ago#15
What a noob.
i5-3570k, 8gb, R9 270
i5-5200u, 8gb, 940m

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
3 months ago#16
jimm120 posted...
No steam release? Kind of weird.

Weird?
Weird...

Yeah, some no-name companies like to avoid Steam entirely sometimes.

Shame, really, since the games that aren't on Steam are usually not very well known and sell very poorly.

/s
Harvest Moon on Steam? Really? http://store.steampowered.com/app/585900/Harvest_Moon_Light_of_Hope/
May not be a "real" HM, but it does look fun.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 months ago#17
jimm120 posted...
As someone that doesn't know anything about the game or what "modes" or what-not

Yet, the post you quoted already explained that to you. Then you go "oh, I guess this information you give me that turns out to be in line with other information I have conflicts with the same information".

jimm120 posted...
understanding that the game IS available to play and isn't just for people paying money for a "pre-release" is, in fact, the info I was looking for.

https://i.imgur.com/ceiMU6b.png

Yeah, it's a bit hard to get that info...with the three times you see "FREE" in BIG LETTERS when you visit their website and the two buttons that lead you to getting the game. That's before reading any of the info, of course - it's literally information available by a glance. Also, checking their FAQ would take literally less time than you've spent on this topic already and would have answered those questions.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: jimm120

jimm120
3 months ago#18
vlado_e posted...
jimm120 posted...
As someone that doesn't know anything about the game or what "modes" or what-not

Yet, the post you quoted already explained that to you. Then you go "oh, I guess this information you give me that turns out to be in line with other information I have conflicts with the same information".

jimm120 posted...
understanding that the game IS available to play and isn't just for people paying money for a "pre-release" is, in fact, the info I was looking for.

https://i.imgur.com/ceiMU6b.png

Yeah, it's a bit hard to get that info...with the three times you see "FREE" in BIG LETTERS when you visit their website and the two buttons that lead you to getting the game. That's before reading any of the info, of course - it's literally information available by a glance. Also, checking their FAQ would take literally less time than you've spent on this topic already and would have answered those questions.

as I said, when I searched on google, it just says that it is "free" but you then need to purchase something for the "pre-release" beta season.

But thanks to a HELPFUL user here, I was able to get info which verifies that we'll get the game for free RIGHT NOW
Perhaps a one sided CTF in Overwatch? 1 team captures the "flag" X times. Then flip roles
5820k @3.3hgz // 16gb ddr4 3000 // Radeon 390x 8gb DEVIL

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 months ago#19
jimm120 posted...
as I said, when I searched on google

Apparently not for the actual game, though, because that would have answered your question immediately.

jimm120 posted...
But thanks to a HELPFUL user here, I was able to get info which verifies that we'll get the game for free RIGHT NOW

You know where else you could have gotten that information from? The official website.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Somato

Somato
3 months ago#20
I've always wondered what people typed into google when they say they couldn't find something on google.

Like what the f*** did you type to not get the official fortnite website as the first result?
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Isn't Fortnite supposed to be some F2P game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived