This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Isn't Fortnite supposed to be some F2P game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Isn't Fortnite supposed to be some F2P game?

User Info: jimm120

jimm120
1 month ago#1
I want to see what this whole "battle royal" thing is and was thinking of getting that game cause I heard it was free. I now see an article about 40 million downloads and decide to search on steam. It just doesn't appear.

Is it free or not?
Perhaps a one sided CTF in Overwatch? 1 team captures the "flag" X times. Then flip roles
5820k @3.3hgz // 16gb ddr4 3000 // Radeon 390x 8gb DEVIL

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#2
The old "if it's not on steam it doesn't exist" brain damage eh? Use the google luke.
Even I'm not crazy enough to believe that distortion of reality

jimm120
1 month ago#3
Orestes417 posted...
The old "if it's not on steam it doesn't exist" brain damage eh? Use the google luke.

message boards are about discussions. And they give much more updated answers
Perhaps a one sided CTF in Overwatch? 1 team captures the "flag" X times. Then flip roles

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#4
jimm120 posted...
Orestes417 posted...

He's not questioning that. He's mocking the fact that you seem under the impression that the game not existing on Steam is somehow a problem.

The fact that if you type "fortnite" into Google, and the VERY FIRST LINK that comes up is the official website, with the download link and a gigantic "PLAY FREE NOW" link as soon as you open that page, apparently requires "much more updated answers." I'm not sure exactly what sort of additional information you thought you might find on here over the official website, which again, is the very first link on Google.

That said, this topic does indeed reek of "no Steam no play" nonsense, rather than a legitimate question, which effectively answers itself with a whole lot less effort than creating this topic did...
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#5
If you really want some more detail though, yes, Fortnite's battle royale mode is free. The standard game is not.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
1 month ago#6
KillerTruffle posted...

That said, this topic does indeed reek of "no Steam no play" nonsense, rather than a legitimate question, which effectively answers itself with a whole lot less effort than creating this topic did...

Stop turning every topic into typical GFAQs drama. Rather than assuming some ulterior motive you could just answer his question. Or not answer his question and tell him to look it up himself.

On topic: The BR mode is F2P while the Zombie Survival mode is sorta P2P now(early access they call it) and apparently going F2P in Feb. last time I heard.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

jimm120
1 month ago#7
KillerTruffle posted...
jimm120 posted...
Orestes417 posted...

He's not questioning that. He's mocking the fact that you seem under the impression that the game not existing on Steam is somehow a problem.

The fact that if you type "fortnite" into Google, and the VERY FIRST LINK that comes up is the official website, with the download link and a gigantic "PLAY FREE NOW" link as soon as you open that page, apparently requires "much more updated answers." I'm not sure exactly what sort of additional information you thought you might find on here over the official website, which again, is the very first link on Google.

Thanks for the info dude.

the official website, with the download link and a gigantic "PLAY FREE NOW

jimm120
1 month ago#8
GeminiX7 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Stop turning every topic into typical GFAQs drama. Rather than assuming some ulterior motive you could just answer his question. Or not answer his question and tell him to look it up himself.

On topic: The BR mode is F2P while the Zombie Survival mode is sorta P2P now(early access they call it) and apparently going F2P in Feb. last time I heard.

Ok...articles on the internet say that it isn't F2P yet. But according to you, it IS free. Did search the official site and it says it is "free". So I guess I'll download.

No steam release? Kind of weird.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
1 month ago#9
jimm120 posted...
Ok...articles on the internet say that it isn't F2P yet. But according to you, it IS free.

Uh, no - the message you quoted clearly reads that the PvP portion is free while the PvE one isn't. Yet, it would be later this year. I don't see how that clashes with the information that the game "isn't F2P yet".
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

jimm120
1 month ago#10
vlado_e posted...
jimm120 posted...
Ok...articles on the internet say that it isn't F2P yet. But according to you, it IS free.

Uh, no - the message you quoted clearly reads that the PvP portion is free while the PvE one isn't. Yet, it would be later this year. I don't see how that clashes with the information that the game "isn't F2P yet".

As someone that doesn't know anything about the game or what "modes" or what-not (to me, a game is a game. Not whatever you're talking about with "modes" or whatever), understanding that the game IS available to play and isn't just for people paying money for a "pre-release" is, in fact, the info I was looking for.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Isn't Fortnite supposed to be some F2P game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived