This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Performance issues in BF1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Performance issues in BF1

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
4 weeks ago#1
Gaming @ 1440p, with mostly medium settings. Textures on high.

i52500k
6gb GTX 1060
8gb Ram
256gb SSD
Win 10 64bit

I don't remember this game having issues at launch, but just got into it again and I'm getting some serious frame rate drops on 64 player conquests(which is all I play). Any advice appreciated.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#2
processor is a bit weak but i don't think weak enough to have "serious" frame drops. that problem will become worse being at 1440p though. i'm at 1440p with an i5-4670k and unless its overclocked it runs at 99% usage during BF1.

does it vary map to map? some of the launch maps might be a bit more basic, i know the new maps are a little "busier" which can affect performance.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
4 weeks ago#3
Best bet is probably hoping Shebeskii still keeps a look at these forums

Battlefield 1 multiplayer is very CPU demanding though, already BF4 was one of the few games that performed significantly better on i7 CPUs.

Tried changing between DX11 and DX12?
Made sure the RAM is running in dual channel?
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#4
Runs best with 6+ cores since its optimized for it.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Shebeskii

Shebeskii
4 weeks ago#5
godplaysSNES posted...
Best bet is probably hoping Shebeskii still keeps a look at these forums

Battlefield 1 multiplayer is very CPU demanding though, already BF4 was one of the few games that performed significantly better on i7 CPUs.

Tried changing between DX11 and DX12?
Made sure the RAM is running in dual channel?

I do, occassionally haha.

Had the exact same setup as yourself TC and the game does OK, but don't expect perfect. If you're getting stuttering and sudden drops, it may be caused by how Win10 is handling cached files.

Run Rammap:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/rammap

Run "Empty > Empty Standby List" and see if that helps you.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Performance issues in BF1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived