This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on consumer GPU "mining" reviews

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on consumer GPU "mining" reviews

User Info: hollow-sasuke

hollow-sasuke
5 months ago#61
32x2z posted...
I would take a miners advice and then look at the performance reviews on google. A card with good mining reviews has resale value. A card that plays games well with driver support has longevity. Combine both and you can't lose.

Thanks, I'm trying to upgrade GPU. Super old AMD Radeon card. Didn't know how to take that info.
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
5 months ago#62
Wow, the back and forth in this thread. To get this worked up over a topic on GameFAQs....is it really worth all the stress, or do people start these little troll/flame wars to blow off RL stress? I'm betting the latter.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
5 months ago#63
JKatarn posted...
Wow, the back and forth in this thread. To get this worked up over a topic on GameFAQs....is it really worth all the stress, or do people start these little troll/flame wars to blow off RL stress? I'm betting the latter.

https://i.imgur.com/oZORrVq.png

That said, Voidgolem taking the piss with his failed trolling attempt was pretty low. Just admit you screwed up and move on.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: MacrossSpecial

MacrossSpecial
5 months ago#64
hollow-sasuke posted...
Wow, didn't expect this lol.

Just to be clear and I said this in the OP, I don't know if it's right or wrong. I'm very new to the concept of mining and I was simply wondering if reviews based on mining capabilities are valid. Granted, my understanding of mining is that it's based on excessive long-term use of GPUs that aren't really designed for that purpose. Sort of like buying a Benz to go cross-country rallying. Doable but not recommended. Maybe I'm wrong in that thinking, idk. I'm not trying to be presumptuous, I genuinely want to know. My fault for not clarifying.

The guy would have found a way to take offense to your question no matter how you posed it.
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
5 months ago#65
Sir_Haxor posted...
That said, Voidgolem taking the piss with his failed trolling attempt was pretty low. Just admit you screwed up and move on.

If GameFAQs troll had a scrap of self awareness they wouldn't be trolls.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
5 months ago#66
would like to point out that idiots taking offense at the question being called a stupid question is a bit different than trolling, but whatever floats your boat~
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on consumer GPU "mining" reviews

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived