This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on consumer GPU "mining" reviews

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on consumer GPU "mining" reviews

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 months ago#41
Fade2black001 posted...
Voidgolem posted...
put me on ignore for pointing out that his question was stupid?

I been reading your bickering posts and have to agree with him on this one that and it was a very valid question. You also forget where you are at. Yes this site called Gamefaqs but it has other areas outside of gaming as you have obviously failed to notice. This section of the site is called PC HARDWARE.... I guess you can't comprehend this and you fail as a troll as being so ignorant.

and yet the context of it being gamefaqs still exists. Most of the questions on this very board are gaming related.

but, y'know, assumptions make you the devil, or something. 'least according to the guy that decided to start a, what, twenty post derail instead of letting it sit?

I'll remind you: The original question was "Are mining reviews fair to factor in?"

Well, turns out mining -is- one of the features in the marketing pamphlet (not explicitly termed as such, but hey), so yes, the mining reviews are fair. Because there's more you can do with a card than just game.

HOLY s*** WAS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND OR WHAT, BETTER GO ON ANOTHER TWENTY POSTS OF BULLs*** SO WE CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THAT WE'RE ALL TROLLS AND/OR IDIOTS HERE.

there, I used capslock and some curse words. You can finally say "u mad" and feel accomplished with yourself.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: Conker

Conker
4 months ago#42
Voidgolem posted...
Conker posted...

I can recap it for you. Seriously, somehow you think I started bulls***. Want to try going back and reading the topic?

Who decided to repost a stupid question that shouldn't have required answering with the explicit intent of getting an answer?

Hint: It wasn't me.

What you just did there, THAT is PROJECTION. Pretty ironic. Do you not understand?

Why do you think it’s a stupid question? Suppose because it forces you to realize you were wrong in your assumption of TC?

There’s nothing stupid about it. You misunderstood the topic or what was being said, tried to be smart trolling, and someone asked where TC mentioned gaming.

Instead of acknowledge that TC did not mention gaming (which nullifies your original post), you deflected.

So yeah, it absolutely requires answering as that’s what is socially acceptable under those circumstances.

In reality, if you enter a conversation where someone is talking about not liking a flavor of ice cream and you go, “LOL, you like vanilla!” It’s quite acceptable for a third person to ask, “Where did they mention vanilla?” Because they didn’t specifically mention vanilla, but the person wrongly assumed based on the broader subject.

And in real life, the person acknowledges and shuts the f*** up cuz they look like a dumbass.

It’s ok! Let me repeat, it’s ok! You presumed, probably not even reading fully, and you were wrong. When asked about it, next time just acknowledge unless (which I assume) you enjoy blowing up over fairly inconsequential things.
If you don't want to argue about something, take the initiative and stfu.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

Voidgolem
4 months ago#43
Conker posted...

What you just did there, THAT is PROJECTION. Pretty ironic. Do you not understand?

Why do you think it’s a stupid question? Suppose because it forces you to realize you were wrong in your assumption of TC?

well, no, because the assumption is a reasonable one considering where this topic is and the contents of other topics on this very board.

Now if the TC was actually a graphical designer or computer vision expert or whatever then I apologize, but then again if he was he probably wouldn't be asking if it's fair to include mining reviews on a gaming board where we have about four other topics complaining about the high price of 4k-capable GPUs on the front page alone.

Just saying. Context continues being important despite your incredible failure to understand it.

Conker posted...

In reality, if you enter a conversation where someone is talking about not liking a flavor of ice cream and you go, “LOL, you like vanilla!” It’s quite acceptable for a third person to ask, “Where the did they mention vanilla?”

To complete your analogy: The first person is actively holding a vanilla cone at the time, a fact which, in this case, is equivalent to "you're on a gaming site, you dumbass. Why are you asking this?"

Conker posted...

It’s ok! Let me repeat, it’s ok! You presumed, probably not even reading fully, and you were wrong. When asked about it, next time just acknowledge unless (which I assume) you enjoy blowing up over fairly inconsequential things.

I read it fully, you're the one that has gone on a twenty post tangent about how you don't know what website you're on or what the typical topic here tends to be about.

I just reply to posts directed at me. And occasionally leave comments without provocation, of course.

Conker
4 months ago#44
To complete your analogy: The first person is actively holding a vanilla cone at the time, a fact which, in this case, is equivalent to "you're on a gaming site, you dumbass. Why are you asking this?"

The key here being: the person still assumed wrong and instead of accepting that, they continue to deflect.

I still don’t think you even notice how backwards your logic has been.

The TC is posting on a gaming website about using a GPU for mining...and you literally posted about them not knowing GPUs could be used outside of gaming.

I mean, I understand you wanted to deflect and all that, but it’s fairly hilarious that you posted that and then to deflect on the question of “Where did they mention gaming” you chose to point out the website as if gaming has to be talked about.

It’s amazing that you came full circle to actually do what you basically called TC out for.

A site designed for gaming can be used for other things than gaming. You of all posters decided to say that it has game in the name so discussion is about gaming. Which is hilarious because that’s what you wrongly thought TC was doing about graphics cards being about gaming.

So when I point that out in the same way you originally did, you thought I was trolling. When in reality, it came out to be the truth!

I know I’m kind of repeating this all, but damn it’s amazing how entertaining that fail is.

Voidgolem
4 months ago#45
Conker posted...

The key here being: the person still assumed wrong and instead of accepting that, they continue to deflect.

I still don’t think you even notice how backwards your logic has been.

The TC is posting on a gaming website about using a GPU for mining...and you literally posted about them not knowing GPUs could be used outside of gaming.

I mean, I understand you wanted to deflect and all that, but it’s fairly hilarious that you posted that and then to deflect on the question of “Where did they mention gaming” you chose to point out the website as if gaming has to be talked about.

It’s amazing that you came full circle to actually do what you basically called TC out for.

A site designed for gaming can be used for other things than gaming. You of all posters decided to say that it has game in the name so discussion is about gaming. Which is hilarious because that’s what you wrongly thought TC was doing about graphics cards being about gaming.

So when I point that out in the same way you originally did, you thought I was trolling. When in reality, it came out to be the truth!

I know I’m kind of repeating this all, but damn it’s amazing how entertaining that fail is.

Here, I'll lay it out for you in the simplest possible terms:

Assuming that somebody is talking about gaming

on a gaming forum

is a fair assumption to make.

This really shouldn't be so hard for anyone to understand.

except you've amply demonstrated that you are literally incapable of understanding, in favor of just going "no u!" and "I'm just mocking you by being outright wrong instead of just an a******!"

Conker posted...

So when I point that out in the same way you originally did, you thought I was trolling

well, no, when you go off on a twenty post tangent of how you're actively incapable of understanding the english language and the concept of 'context' as it applies to a conversation, I think you're an idiot.

I did start by thinking you were trolling, though.

And here, I'll repost, since you keep trying to shuffle it under the rug in favor of more trolling and/or stupidity:

Voidgolem posted...

I'll remind you: The original question was "Are mining reviews fair to factor in?"

Well, turns out mining -is- one of the features in the marketing pamphlet (not explicitly termed as such, but hey), so yes, the mining reviews are fair. Because there's more you can do with a card than just game.

Conker
4 months ago#46
Assuming that somebody is talking about gaming

on a gaming forum

is a fair assumption to make.

Not when they clearly aren’t talking about gaming IN THE TOPIC TITLE!

The issue you continue to not acknowledge is that the topic clearly indicates the opposite of what you posted.

So assuming somebody is talking about gaming is wrong. That’s all you have to acknowledge but you still can’t and would rather make excuses or deflect.

At the very least they clearly know GPUs can be used for other things than gaming (mining) but you still bothered to say what you did...

Voidgolem
4 months ago#47
Conker posted...

The issue you continue to not acknowledge is that the topic clearly indicates the opposite of what you posted.

considering he doesn't say what he -does- think the cards are marketed for, no, it really doesn't.

I mean, you've already, multiple times over, demonstrated that you lack the ability to comprehend text.

Conker posted...

So assuming somebody is talking about gaming is wrong. That’s all you have to acknowledge but you still can’t and would rather make excuses or deflect.

At the very least they clearly know GPUs can be used for other things than gaming (mining) but you still bothered to say what you did...

Especially since cards aren't advertised for mining, or I don't think they are at least.

so hey

what do -you- think the card is advertised for, buddy?

my super, super hypocritical buddy that doesn't read the opening post and then talks s*** about other people not reading the opening post.

Voidgolem
4 months ago#48
I appreciate the shift towards selective blindness as your bulls*** is made more and more apparent.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 months ago#49
Voidgolem posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Voidgolem posted...
put me on ignore for pointing out that his question was stupid?

I been reading your bickering posts and have to agree with him on this one that and it was a very valid question. You also forget where you are at. Yes this site called Gamefaqs but it has other areas outside of gaming as you have obviously failed to notice. This section of the site is called PC HARDWARE.... I guess you can't comprehend this and you fail as a troll as being so ignorant.

and yet the context of it being gamefaqs still exists. Most of the questions on this very board are gaming related.

but, y'know, assumptions make you the devil, or something. 'least according to the guy that decided to start a, what, twenty post derail instead of letting it sit?

HOLY s*** WAS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND OR WHAT, BETTER GO ON ANOTHER TWENTY POSTS OF BULLs*** SO WE CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THAT WE'RE ALL TROLLS AND/OR IDIOTS HERE.

there, I used capslock and some curse words. You can finally say "u mad" and feel accomplished with yourself.

Whatever dude.... continue with your pointless argument for the sake of accomplishing absolutely nothing in the end. The fact of the matter is that you choose to continue this shows how immature you are and Conker is no different honestly.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

Voidgolem
4 months ago#50
Fade2black001 posted...

Whatever dude.... continue with your pointless argument for the sake of accomplishing absolutely nothing in the end. The fact of the matter is that you choose to continue this shows how immature you are and Conker is no different honestly.

That's fair. I find the nihilist argument horribly depressing, though.

in my defense, I did not raise a two-day-cold topic in order to provoke a mobius double-reacharound of trolling. That, at least, was the other guy.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on consumer GPU "mining" reviews

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived