This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on consumer GPU "mining" reviews

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on consumer GPU "mining" reviews

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
3 months ago#11
MacrossSpecial posted...

Dude is one of those people who seeks out threads to insult people in but doesn't fully read the posts before he begins flaming.

totes an insult to point out that one review is just as valid as another since it's still an intended use for the card.

But hey, You do you, small ego man.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: Conker

Conker
3 months ago#12
Voidgolem posted...
Conker posted...
@Voidgolem

rildomein posted...
Voidgolem posted...
it might come as a shock but there are other uses to a graphics processor than just gaming.

Where did TC mention gaming?

what website is this again?

It might come as a shock but there are other uses to a website than just gaming
If you don't want to argue about something, take the initiative and stfu.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!

Voidgolem
3 months ago#13
Conker posted...

a topic on a forum on a gaming website complaining about mining-related reviews for a graphics card.

mmm. Quite. You have something better to attempt trolling with?

Conker
3 months ago#14
Voidgolem posted...
Conker posted...

a topic on a forum on a gaming website complaining about mining-related reviews for a graphics card.

mmm. Quite. You have something better to attempt trolling with?

Your s***ty presumptuous response didn’t deserve anything but mocking.

Then to ask a completely irrelevant smartass question that makes you look like a dumbass troll.

The site has literally no relevance to the message board topics themselves. Based on the logic you’re attempting to sidetrack this about, if I make a topic on a social, movie, sports, etc. board it is assumed that it is related to the site we’re on. Of course you’ll be unable to realize how dumb that is and instead of accepting you were acting like a tool, you’ll continue poor troll attempts to deflect.

Voidgolem
3 months ago#15
Conker posted...

Your s***ty presumptuous response didn’t deserve anything but mocking.

The presumptuous and perfectly valid response that you don't like because it implies mining is a valid use for a GPU?

Conker posted...

Then to ask a completely irrelevant smartass question that makes you look like a dumbass troll.

says the gentleman that came out of literally nowhere with tags in order to try to start s***.

Conker posted...

The site has literally no relevance to the message board topics themselves. Based on the logic you’re attempting to sidetrack this about, if I make a topic on a social, movie, sports, etc. board it is assumed that it is related to the site we’re on. Of course you’ll be unable to realize how dumb that is and instead of accepting you were acting like a tool, you’ll continue poor troll attempts to deflect.

the logic is that if you make a topic on a -gaming- board about -graphics cards- you're probably talking about them in the context of using them for gaming.

but what do I know I dropped a one line comment on the situation that our local 12-year olds don't appear to like much. Neat.

"instead of admitting you're acting like a tool"

oh, did you think I didn't realize that? You're expecting me to apologize for pointing out obvious logical failures? Might I remind you, the original question was: "is it fair to include mining reviews"?

TL;DR: Yes. They're literally doing something they're designed to do. A thing you've apparently failed to understand before undertaking this ill-advised attempt to start an internet s***-fight.

Conker
3 months ago#16
I’m not gonna do the back and forth quotes with you for the next hundred worthless responses from you.

We both know your original post was unnecessary and not actually related to what the topic was talking about.

Again, your s***ty logic is just an excuse for you to post douchey retorts to try to look smart when it doesn’t apply to the topic considering nothing indicated they weren’t already talking outside the scope of gaming.

That’s the primary reason your original post fails so hard and you’re just trying way too hard to cover that up now. Nothing of the post suggested what your reply would even be relevant in saying. So instead of whatever you hoped to get out of your post, you just look like an ass.

Conker
3 months ago#17
Though I do get a kick out of this:

says the gentleman that came out of literally nowhere with tags in order to try to start s***.

Quite hilarious considering that’s what we all do here. Did you have some reason to actually post in this topic? Nope, you came out of nowhere to start s*** and it didn’t even pertain to what was said. At least I can “start s***” in response to what the content of a post is.

Voidgolem
3 months ago#18
Conker posted...
I’m not gonna do the back and forth quotes with you for the next hundred worthless responses from you.

because you're wrong, buddy! Just admit it outright, apologize for starting this s***, and then vanish in shame. It shouldn't be that hard.

Conker posted...

We both know your original post was unnecessary and not actually related to what the topic was talking about.

Original post was asking if mining reviews are fair to include, but hey, your reading comprehension is clearly not that great.

Conker posted...

Again, your s***ty logic is just an excuse for you to post douchey retorts to try to look smart when it doesn’t apply to the topic considering nothing indicated they weren’t already talking outside the scope of gaming.

"This requires lots of floating point computation spread across many cores, and traditional CPUs can’t handle this type of computation as efficiently as GPUs handle it. "

Literally the AMD marketing statement on the card model.

"Are mining reviews fair to have on this card?"

Literally the question being asked.

I get that reading comprehension isn't your 'thing', as it were, but connect the dots.

Conker posted...

That’s the primary reason your original post fails so hard and you’re just trying way too hard to cover that up now. Nothing of the post suggested what your reply would even be relevant in saying. So instead of whatever you hoped to get out of your post, you just look like an ass.

Why do you think I hoped to get anything out of it?

That it apparently pissed you off enough to attempt a topic derail in order to flame me is unexpected, mind, but hey, cheap entertainment!

Voidgolem
3 months ago#19
Conker posted...

Quite hilarious considering that’s what we all do here. Did you have some reason to actually post in this topic? Nope, you came out of nowhere to start s*** and it didn’t even pertain to what was said. At least I can “start s***” in response to what the content of a post is.

did I tag the TC in order to draw him back into his erroneous and ill-planned topic for the purposes of starting a b****-fit over "useless posts"?

No? You're just a hypocrite? K.

"It doesn't pertain!"

Mining is a valid use of a card, ergo mining reviews are fair to consider if that's what you do. QED.

it's not a hard concept, buddy~

Conker
3 months ago#20
Voidgolem posted...
Conker posted...

did I tag the TC in order to draw him back into his erroneous and ill-planned topic for the purposes of starting a b****-fit over "useless posts"?

No? You're just a hypocrite? K.

How am I a hypocrite?(that’s rhetorical, I’m not)

I didn’t originally say anything and just tagged you to see if you’d actually answer the question being quoted. You’re creating this false and presumptuous idea of my intentions.

Your response...”What website are we on again?”

As previously said, that has no relevance to what was asked (my quoted post). The website doesn’t matter to the content of a topic on the site if it’s not pertinent to it.

Your flawed logic continues.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on consumer GPU "mining" reviews

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived