This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ASUS PB278q dead pixel

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ASUS PB278q dead pixel

User Info: Sry4PartyRockin

Sry4PartyRockin
4 months ago#1
Never had this happen before. Monitor is 2 years old I think. Any way to fix this, or is it time for a new display?

User Info: neroAngelo

neroAngelo
4 months ago#2
Can't fix a dead pixel. I have a dead one in the bottom right of my s2716 and can't even notice it when I'm looking for it. Unless it's in the middle, don't worry about it.
PSWii360U - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 6700k@4.5, 32GB DDR4, 1070 G1 8GB, 512GB 840 pro, 960 GB SanDisk Ultra II, HTC Vive

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
4 months ago#3
neroAngelo posted...
Unless it's in the middle

That exact thing happened to my old XB270HU before it broke. I had to deal with it for like half a year having a dead pixel in the direct center of my screen. It was super noticeable any time I was looking at web pages and things. In games it wasn't too bad but when I wasn't gaming it was really annoying.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Asus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1TB x2, 500GB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 months ago#4
RMA it
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Sry4PartyRockin

Sry4PartyRockin
4 months ago#5
neroAngelo posted...
Can't fix a dead pixel. I have a dead one in the bottom right of my s2716 and can't even notice it when I'm looking for it. Unless it's in the middle, don't worry about it.

It's in the middle

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 months ago#6
There's a few things you can try, but if it's actually dead there's really not much you can do but replace it.

If it's just stuck, you may be able to rub it out (heh). I've actually had this work before. Just used my finger though.
https://lifehacker.com/152062/fix-your-lcds-dead-pixels

You can try one of those "dead pixel fixers", they cycle through colors really fast so don't use it if you're seizure prone. Never seen one of those do anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppWrX2ANsN4
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
4 months ago#7
asus.. bad monitors

User Info: OUberLord

OUberLord
4 months ago#8
Generally not much you can do if the pixel is dead and black. Either sell the display used, or keep it and forget that pixel exists in a few weeks anyway.

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
4 months ago#9
Unless you are for sure it's a stuck pixel, there's nothing you can do. Just gotta deal with it, it's honestly no biggie once you stop worrying about it.

In the future if you accumulate more dead pixels in the same area, and you're still under warranty, most manufacturers have a 2-3 dead pixel in an area policy so you can RMA it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ASUS PB278q dead pixel

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived